Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Monday, February 09, 2009

20 Months and Still Healing



Well this is a little late, but not much has really changed so you haven't missed much. Overall things are still going well. I'm getting more and more feeling back everyday and my lower lip has been pretty tingly, which is good cause that is what it does right before I get a nice amount of my feeling returned. Recovery is very slow these days though, and I fully expect that its going to take no less then 24 months for things to return to normal. I have gotten a lot of feeling back in my lower left quadrant, and teeth too which is nice.
So...things continue to progress....just slowly, but hey its a marathon and I knew that going in. One big celebration though is that as of March 5th I have not had a sinus infection in a year. Wooo Hooo! That rocks!

5 Comments:

  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Clarissa said…

    Hi Brandy...it's good to hear that you're still getting feeling back 20 months post surgery. I had my lower jaw advancement with chin reduction surgery six weeks ago today and my chin and lower lip are pretty numb. I've just started getting a little area on my lower lip with some feeling. I get twinges here and there and it sounds like that's what you've experienced before you get some feeling back...this is very encouraging. I know it's still early for me but I'm encouraged to see you're still getting feeling back after 20 months...wow!! Clarissa

     
  • At 2:05 AM, Blogger Dental News said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Aimee said…

    Hi Brandy,

    You look great! I'm liking the long hair.
    I got excited when I read that you haven't had a sinus infection in a year. I have frequent sinus headaches and I was wondering if having upper jaw surgery helps with fixing that. I haven't asked my surgeon yet, and frankly, he doesn't seem very eager to answer my questions. I'm hoping once I have upper/lower surgery, my sinus problems will go away!! :)

     
  • At 1:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey Brandy don't worry you will be back to normalcy again.It won't take too much time. Wish you all the best.
    Acne

    Teeth Whitening

    Teeth Whitening

    Stretch Marks

    Acai Berry

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey you look so good now..even I am having Sinus problem and still fighting from its adverse effects..Its amazing that you are recovering really fast....good luck..Tooth Whitening colon cleanser
    Acai Berry

     

Post a Comment

<< Home