Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Friday, March 06, 2009

21 Months Post Op

So...actually I have been a little lax with my updates and its actually 21 and a half months. Things are going well still and feeling continues to return bit by bit. My lower lip is still mildy numb but is getting better and better with each passing month, as is my lower left quadrant. I can now chew gum on my left side and actually feel what I'm chewing which is a plus. I'm convinced its all going to come back within the 2 year mark.

Since having the surgery things are great. I'm sleeping, and honestly feel terrific. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat, and I don't regret any part of this whole decision.

Well, I will keep posting until its really over! So until next month peace out! :)

8 Comments:

  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Aimee said…

    Hi Brandy,
    I meant to write you a comment on your latest post but wrote it on the one below. I was just wondering if sinus problems are usually fixed with upper jaw surgery? Thanks!

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Aimee said…

    Arrgh, that isn't what I wanted to hear. :) Thank you for the quick reply. I guess I might have to look into sinus surgery if things get any worse. Does an ENT do that?

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brandy, I just had upper and lower jaw surgery and the left side of my upper and lower lip are still numb the right side (both upper and lower) has feeling. It makes my lips kind of lopsided. Is this normal?

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Cali Girl said…

    Question Brandy, I just had upper and lower jaw surgery and the left side of my upper and lower lip are still numb the right side (both upper and lower) has feeling. It makes my lips kind of lopsided. Is this normal? Is this part of the healing process?

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Yes I would say that is totally normal. I'm going on 2 years here and still have areas of my lower lip that are getting feeling back, and it makes my smile a bit off. You are so early into this...takes awhile for things to get better....I would as a year minimum.

     
  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger Cali Girl said…

    Brandy,

    This is Cali Girl again (Lorna). I love your journal. I have another question for you. Did your nose get a little bit wider after your upper jaw surgery? I'm 4 weeks post-op and my nose seems wider and I'm hoping maybe some of it is still the swelling. Or that it will settle and look less obvious. Thank you!!

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Hey Lorna,
    You know it looked wider in the beginning when I was healing. Look at my pics and you can see it. I think my doctor put a special stitch or something in there though to prevent it from expanding. I have heard that peoples noses can get a bit wider after SARPE but haven't heard about it with upper jaw surgery. I'm sure its probably just swelling. It takes a long long time for that to go down...took almost 11 months for mine to fully subside.

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger Cali Girl said…

    Brandy,

    Now, after the surgery I have read about the "special" stitch. My surgeons didn't even mention it. I will patiently wait and see what happens.

    I had a SARPE and my nose got a tad bid wider, but it seems wider with the upper jaw surgery.

    Your journal has helped me tremendously and you looked so good even days after surgery.

    Thank you Brandy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home