Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

23 Months and counting

So I'm a few days late, but still pretty close. It has now been 23 months...almost two years since my jaw surgery. Hard to believe it has been that long, seems like just yesterday when I was having it done, thankfully the mind has a way of dulling those memories.

Thinks are still improving. Still getting feeling back in my lower lip and teeth area. It is slow but definitely getting better each and every month. I'm definitely not done healing yet that is for sure! Never when I started this, would I have thought that I would still be posting about my healing almost 2 years post op, but I'm here to say that I am, and will continue to do so until all feeling returns or I stop having any changes.

I like that when I bite my lower lip now I can feel it everywhere...mind you some areas just feel tingly but at least I can feel it whereas before it was just numb. My chin has feeling back everywhere for the most part, but feeling is still a bit diverted or confused. When I scratch the left part of my chin I can feel it, but also feel it in the lower gums of my bottom teeth. It's kindof weird, but also getting less and less so that is good.

Overall things continue to go well. Eating, talking, pretty much everything I do with my mouth is getting easier with the increased feeling returning, so I'm very happy about that.

Other than this not much else to report. I haven't been taking my vitamins very well the last few months. I'm going to get back on my regular vitamin routine and see if it doesn't boost the healing/nerve regeneration process. I will keep you posted ! Until next month the official 2 year mark, I wish you well!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Jeff said…

    Brandy,

    I started my braces and orthognathic surgery journey around October of 07. I've been reading your inspirational blogs since then. I've have braces and had a SARPE procedure about one year ago. I'm scheduled to have Lefort 1 and BSSO this Friday. I feel so prepared thanks to you and all the other people and blogs who have gone through this all. Thank you so much for sharing your story and helping everyone. I'm not as courageous as you to start a blog, but I just wanted to let you know that you've been a huge help! Thanks!

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger Marjorie said…

    I've learned a lot from your blog--thanks for sharing your story!!! Please add me to your page :) THANKS! http://marjoriesjaw.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Jennifer said…

    Hi Brandy,

    I just ran across your jaw surgery blog, and had to let you know how much I appreciate you taking the time to post all of the information on what to ask the surgeon, vitamins, recipes, links to other resources, and all of the various helpful hints. GREAT INFO!

    I'm pleased to find a blog by someone who had jaw surgery at the same age that I will be having it (early 40's.) I'm glad to hear that your numbness still continues to decrease. I have been worried about that... most information that I have found says that the older a jaw surgery patient is, the greater the risk of permanent numbness. I'm so glad to hear that you had a successful outcome! You look amazing!

    Many thanks!
    Jennifer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home