Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

So Why AM I Torturing Myself?

This question has popped into my mind several times today as I have been actively abstaining from Coffee. I can tell you for sure that I will not be off coffee forever, why? because quite frankly I love the stuff! The last time I quit it was about 15 years ago, about three months before I became pregnant with my son. I did not have any caffeine period the whole time I was pregnant, to include chocolate. Coffee was however, the only thing I craved, dreamed of, and couldn't wait to have again once I was finished with the whole birthing/nursing experience. I stayed off it for 2 years until I stopped nursing, then the first thing I did was go out and buy a Mocha at my favorite local coffee shop.

I mostly want to stop because I have been down to one cup a day for awhile now and wanted to just take a break while it would be relatively easy to do so. I know from stopping before just how powerful caffeine addiction is, it really is a drug. One you don't realize the potency of until you get off it. I figure that this is as good a time as ever to stop, especially since my surgery is coming up. I mean truly, if I want to be as healthy as I can be, then this is the way to do it. It's not because of my ECG. I'm convinced it is fine now afer talking with my doctor. I'm just taking a break from Coffee and caffeine, until after my surgery because I want to see if doing things right with this surgery makes a difference in my healing. It is actually more of a scientific experiment then anything else. :)

I had to go to the dentist this afternoon to have a cavity filled. I have found that as I get older I have less and less tolerance for the sound of the drill. I mean it really freaks me out! So much so in fact that I worry one day I might go postal in the dentist chair. I don't know what it is about it but the sounds just makes me psycho. I'm thinking I'm going to start asking for nitrous and some headphones so I don't have to hear that terrible noise! I sit in the chair, stiff as a board, talking in my head like the little engine that could...."you can do this, don't freak out, its only a drill, you can do this, its almost over, breathe, breathe breathe"
By the time I'm finished I feel like I was run over by a truck! I'm exhausted! It's the weirdest thing! I have never been like this!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said…

    Then stay away from alcohol. I'm convinced it's a poison that will adversely affect healing. But coffee? You're hard core. OK. Good luck.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home