Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Monday, April 09, 2007

ABNORMAL EKG! I Swear It Just Keeps Getting Better...NOT!

Went and had my EKG done this morning. I spaced out and drank about 1/2 a cup of coffee before going. Then when I got there I had to run up two long flights of stairs and sprint down a long hall to get to the cardio-pulmonary unit. As soon as I walked in the door the girl at the desk whisked me into an EKG room, slapped some stickers on me and before I could blink we were all done. I barely had time to catch my breath as I was laying down on the table. I'm hoping that this is what the problem was....as it came back ABNORMAl. I was so upset! I have never had an ABNORMAL EKG.
This is what my results said just in case anyone knows anything about this. My doctor is out of the office today so I won't hear back from her til tomorrow. I'm so frustrated as now I have to worry about getting this figured out so I can have my surgery in May! UGHHHH!!! I'm so not having fun anymore!!!

Vent Rate 73 bpm
PR interval 140 ms
QRS duration 92 ms
QT/QTc 398/438 ms
P-R-T axes 63 47 10

Normal sinus rhythm
Nonspecific ST and T wave abnormality
Abnormal ECG

5 Comments:

  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Bill said…

    Hey Brandy. Not sure how to read those things either so I thought I'd post my EKG results for you to compare against. The only abnormal part of mine is that I have "Sinus Bradycardia" which is a slow heart beat ... 59 beats per minute.

    Vent Rate 59 bpm
    PR interval 144 ms
    QRS duration 92 ms
    QT/QTc 388/384 ms
    P-R-T axes 60 82 71

    ***Age and gender specific ECG analysis***
    Sinus Bradycardia
    Otherwise normal ECG

    -Bill

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said…

    You might be surprised how often the readings come back "abnormal" but when interpreted by a cardiologist are totally normal. Then the cardiologist looks at you like, "What? What's the matter?" You'll be ok.

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Thanks Steph! That does make me feel better. I mean I know I'm healthy!

    Good to hear from you! I miss you! :)

    Brandy

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All those numbers are normal...I can't swear without seeing it but "nonspecific ST and T wave abnormality" comes up on 90% of the EKG's I run (I'm a paramedic). The rate is great (especially after coffee and running stairs!) and I'll bet that the doctor says everything is fine. Best of luck and let us know how it turns out!

    Lisa

     
  • At 7:15 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Before I went into surgery, every nurse and doctor who checked my stats was concerned about my heartrate, which was 100 bpm. The thing is, that's normal for me. I'm always hovering around 100 bpm. I have no idea why. Anyway, the anesthesiologist didn't seem concerned.

    I'm sure everything is fine!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home