Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Day 4 Pattern Emerging??

Ok...so with my surgery looming in the very not to distant future I have been reading tons of blogs and surgery updates from all my online surgery buddies, and really anyone else I can find who is, or has gone through this whole procedure. Recently I have been following Steph's, Amy's, JennNicole's, Rebecca's, Larkins, Kristen's, Cary's, Kelsie's, Mary's, Bill's and a few others blogs. I have started to notice this interesting pattern emerging. I'm convinced that day four is the worst! It seems like everyone is missing in action on their blogs on day four!! It's like things just move along fine through day three, then day four comes......and NOTHING! So with that being said, I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for this.

I'm also determined, no matter how horrible I feel or look to post on this day. Even if I'm feeling like total CRAP! I will find a way to update my blog buddies. I may make my husband do it for me LOL! but I WILL POST....with pictures even on day four!! :)

I'm on spring break this week, and I was all excited because when we go back we are down to our last 7 weeks of school before summer break. Now, however, I find I'm not quite as excited.....because well, with each day we get closer to break, I also get 1 day closer to my actual surgery date. I want it done, but the anticipation is killing me. I'm not going to lie and say that
I' m not nervous, because I am! I'm truly at this moment in time trying to live in denial. I'm just choosing to not think about it until it is closer and I absolutely have to. I did have my second surgery dream last night though. I don't remember all the specifics of it, just that I made it through and was still alive. That part to me was very comforting. I actually remember waking up thinking......Oh thank GOD! I lived! Clearly even though I'm choosing to live in denial, my subconscious is definitely processing my insecurities about this surgery. I wonder how many more surgery dreams I will have before the actual procedure happens???

3 Comments:

  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Tara said…

    That is a VERY good observation. You are right, there seems to be no updates on day 4. I go to my surgeon tomorrow to hopefully set a date. I will do all that I can, like you, to post on day 4. Oh, and don't feel bad, you aren't the only one living in denial about the upcoming surgery. I'm PETRIFIED. I have NEVER had surgery, so this is a whole new experience for me.

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Day 5 was the worst for me, actually. I haven't felt that bad or frustrated before or since. I posted every day in the first week post-op, even if I didn't feel like it. It's good that you know to expect some rough days, and there will be rough days!

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Yes Rebecca, I did notice that you posted daily. You were one of the few though. Trust me, I'm expecting some bad days....I know there will be some that are very bad. Those are the ones I'm worried about.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home