Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Friday, March 16, 2007

I Officially Have A Surgery DATE!!!!

May 24th at 7:30 am! It is exactly 2 months and 1 week from now..one day after the kids get out of school!

I got my pre-auth estimate today. Looks like my insurance is going to cover all but about 3,000 dollars. Which isn't too terribly bad, considering that one of the procedures is for a bone graft that is going to support an implant at a later date. The genio has not been pre-approved yet so we are waiting on that. If they don't approve it, and I want to have it done I will have to come up with another $3600.00. Which would be a bit more then I wanted to spend. I will just wait to decide on that one though once I talk to my OS again and see the pictures he has drawn up. I mean the doctor is not even sure he is going to need to do it.

I also found out today that I will be having two surgeons working on me, not just my regular OS. That sorta surprised me, but in a good way, as I figure if they are both working on me then the surgery should go twice as fast. They are going to call me Monday to schedule a pre-op appointment and let me know if there is anything else I need to do like; give blood, get a physical, have an EKG done, etc.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger Shontelly said…

    Good for you Brandy!!! I know your excited about this! ...and a lil nervous? maybe? ;) The entire process is such an emotional roller coaster isn't it!?

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Bill said…

    Congrats on your surgery date ... it'll be here before you know it!

    You know, it's not uncommon for the decision to go ahead with the genioplasty to be made at the time of the surgery. Especially with both upper and lower jaw surgery. The surgeons usually want to see everything in a naturally relaxed position before working on the chin.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home