Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Oral-Antral Fistula - Sometimes Copius Amounts of Research Pays OFF!

Since having my SARPE I have been having issues with my sinuses. I had told my doctors that when I made suction in my mouth I felt it in my sinuses and it would run all the way along my teeth to the back of my throat. I went to the dentist first and told him what I was feeling and that I was having a bad taste in my rear molar. He couldn't find anything so he sent me to the endo (who by the way did a root canal for nothing. ) Things didn't seem better and I had another sinus infection so I went to the ENT. He was not the regular doctor I see but his CNP. He said that it sounded as if it could be a fistula but he could not be sure. He ordered CT scans, and put me on antibiotics. I called my OS, but he said I needed to talk to the ortho about this. The CT scans came back, but due to the reflection from my braces we were not able to really see anything. So...long story short, I have pretty much been getting the run around from everyone!

So today I was over on Cary and Amy's site "Igotbraces" another guy had posted similar symptoms. A soon to be dentist had replied to him saying that it sounded like a "Oral-Antral Fistula. I of course had to google it, and research it to death. But what I found was amazing! This IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME, I'M SURE "OF IT!!! During my SARPE, I also had a left wisdom tooth removed. Clearly this is what created the problem, the perferation must have taken place at that time. All of the symptoms completely coorelate with what I have been experiencing, and it makes perfect sense.

So....tomorrow, I'm going to email my OS with the link to this page and ask him what he thinks. I want to know if this is something that we can fix while we are doing all my other stuff, AND if there is anything I need to do ahead of time to move this along. I will keep you posted.....I just feel so vindicated and finally hopeful that we will get this figured out. Also glad to know that I'm not just losing my mind.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 6:02 AM, Blogger Tara said…

    That's great that you may finally know what is causing that pain. I hope that they can fix it for you. It sounds AWEFUL. Good luck, and I can't wait to hear what they say.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home