Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!.....I'M READY FOR SURGERY!!!!!




Yup I'm smiling! Found out this morning at my adjustment that I'm officially surgery ready. Ortho took impressions, then placed new size 17 steel wires in both arches. He finished it all off with a new "obscure" color powerchain on top and bottom. He gave me my impression models, and said as soon as I have a surgery date to call him and they will get me scheduled to place the surgical hooks. I have an appointment to see my OS on February 14th and get things really rolling now.

My ortho says that in terms of advancments that mine is rather small. It will probably only be about 4mm. However, he says that some people have large advancments like 8mm or 10mm, but that 4mm is what I need to make things fit properly and will make a very big difference in how things function in my mouth. Things are already feeling pretty good, my bite is so much better! I mean my teeth really come together well now. It seems strange to have them touching on both sides now. Funny how you can live so long with something disfunctional when you really have nothing to compare it to. However, once you know how its supposed to be, you really understand how messed up it was to begin with. Know what I mean?

Anyway....I'm not going to schedule my surgery til the end of May. I want the summer off to recover so rather than be sad that its 3 months away I have decided to really use this time to get prepared and ready. I'm going to get my teeth cleaned next week, some more x-ray done, and fix any necessary issue I might have with my teeth before hand. I'm going to get some MLD treatments, start exercising a bit more, eating healthier, and talk with my naturalpath about any vitamins or supplements that I can take to help me be in tip top condition for surgery. I also want to see if she can recommend something to help me ward of these bloody sinus infections I keep getting. I finished my second round of 21 day antibiotics today with only a 2 week reprieve in between doses, so I'm hoping she has some wonder supplement for me in regards to that issue as well.

Anyway.....I'm just thrilled to finally be ready and have made it this far. Soon all of this oral drama will be just a distant memory, all that will be left to show of it will be my gleaming sparkly whites! I can't wait!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Graham said…

    Exciting news Brandy! It's always so great to reach yet another milestone.
    And about the sinus infections, I just so happened to read an article about oil of oregano. Apparently it's nasty going down but many claim it works well. Just thought I'd pass that along, and I'm sure you'll do a stellar job of researching it as usual. :)

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said…

    I like your Valentine's attire, Miss Brandy. Congrats on being surgery ready! Three months will fly by, especially since it's the end of the school year. It'll be nice to have time to get everything in order, and know that you don't have to worry about not being at work. I think you're making a smart decision. I just read today that larger mandibular advancements are associated with a higher risk of nerve damage. So 4mm is pretty good!
    Can you believe AMY??

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Team Wolder said…

    Oh my goodness, Amy looks so good. I have some photos from 2 days post op that are so scary I never posted them on my blog. But my lower advancement was 18mm/upper I am unsure of the mm's...so I guess that was to be expected. I know both you and Steph will have amazing results as well :)

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    Hi Brandy! You are probably going to be a star patient, way ahead of the curve! I can't believe how different your upper pallet (is that what its called?) looks, that is quite some distance you widened. Ouch, must have hurt a lot more than the surgery will. M

     

Post a Comment

<< Home