Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Continued Progress

So its been almost a month since I have posted. Last time I was getting a sinus infection cleared up. Well....I spent 24 days on Biaxin and no longer have a sinus infection. The the yucky taste in my tooth is gone as is the burning sensation I was having in my front teeth. The doctor says my sinuses look wonderful now, and that he could not see if there was any kind of perferation in my sinuses because my braces made very bad reflections on the CT scan. Either way I'm feeling 100% better and he says we are just going to have to stay on top of it and see what happens. He says it could've just been a resistant sinus infection that got stronger when I used the antibiotics last time for only 14 days. HE said because of the location of the sinuses that it is hard to get the medicine where it needs to be and that they recommend at least 21 days and sometimes 28 days to totally clear up one. So....at the moment I'm healed! woo hooo!
I still have some very minor numbness behind my left canine, but nothing that is too unmanageable, and it does seem to be improving little by little, so I'm sure at some point it will completely disappear.

I have another adjustment tomorrow. Can't wait as I have great pics to show my ortho. I took a close up of my teeth last adjustment when I had the powerchain on, and then this month when it has been off. I have to say I'm a bit frustrated as several teeth have shifted a lot (they looked much better with the powerchain) and my canine and the tooth behind it still have not moved. My canine is still rotated, so I want him to fix that.

I will post more tomorrow, with updated pics if I can. I'm leaving to Hawaii on Friday for my dh's and I's long awaited honeymoon. I will have the laptop with me though so I can post from the beach if I want. I'm so excited! I really need a vacation!

Anyone else having problems switching over to the new blogger program???

2 Comments:

  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said…

    I'm not switchin'! I forget why...just that I'm not doin' it. Glad you're feeling better.

     
  • At 4:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My name is Debra Breyan and i would like to show you my personal experience with Biaxin.

    I have taken for 4 days. I am 54 years old. This is a horrible drug! Don't take it! I'm sick of these new "wonder" drugs (like Levaquin, even worse than Bioxin) that just make you worse than your illness, and I'm sick of doctors who prescribe them and then don't believe you when you have unbearable side effects. It should be taken off the market.

    I have experienced some of these side effects-
    Abdonimal pain, gas, bloating, depression (really severe), dizziness, "spaced out," disconnected feeling, fatigue, unable to concentrate. This drug has really messed up my week--I can't get anything done, just walk around in a daze. And my sinuses & cough aren't all that much better.

    I hope this information will be useful to others,
    Debra Breyan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home