Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Good as New Now!

Well I said I would post as soon as my teeth returned to their normal state. By normal I mean that I no longer have numbness in my uppers from the SARPE procedure I had done. It has been 7.5 months since my surgery (it was done on March 3rd) and as of this week, really just these last few days, full feeling has now returned to all of my uppers.

My incisors are no longer sensitive to pressure and while I'm still being very careful so that I don't damage my brackets, I can now bite into things with my front teeth and actually use them for tearing things a bit. It is nice to have things feeling like they were pre-surgery. No more feeling like I have wooden teeth, and actually things feel so much better now as my teeth are much more in alignment and coming together as they should.

While SARPE definitely had its frustrations (mostly that bloody RPE expansion appliance)I definitely feel like it was worth it as my arch is looking incredible now. I look at my pictures and still have a hard time believing that they are mine. They just look so different. I remember when I first started this journey and was looking at the progress pics of others. I remember thinking my teeth would never look like those I saw. Now they do! which is very cool!

My next adjustment appointment is November 1. My ortho will be taking impressions and seeing if I'm ready for my lower jaw advancement surgery. Even if I'm ready I won't be having it til May, but it is nice to know we are ahead of schedule and that we are making great progress. I will post after the adjustmen and let you all know what was decided. For those of you who are contemplating SARPE....I say GO FOR IT! You will not regret it, and it is worth the small amount of aggravation for the incredible results!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Graham said…

    Great news Brandy. Gives me something to look forward to. I still have a fair bit of movement to get through but I'm getting there as my top wire is poking me again! Hard to believe it was 7.5 months ago that our stories began!

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said…

    If only the RPE you could have been given comfort by the new you! It's nice to know you have no regrets. It was a tough time for you, I remember. The RPE was painful! Good on you, Brandy!

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you so much for posting your experiences here! I'm just starting out with my orthodontic "adventure", and looks like I'm headed for a SARPE as well. Reading about your experience has given me a much better idea what to expect, and has shown me that even though I'm nervous I can do this and it will be worth it in the end. I'm so impressed with your progress! I look forward to seeing how it continues.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home