Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Monday, August 28, 2006

OUCH! MY TEETH HURT! BUT PAIN IS GOOD RIGHT???

Ok...so I went to the ortho today (I broke the bracket on my canine on Friday.) I got there and he said the has never had just the gate break off on a self ligating bracket. Apparently I'm the first one. :) I had thought this was going to be a relatively painless procedure. Change out the bracket, reinsert the wire, lock the gate, and call it good. OH...was I wrong. Doctor said he needs to rotate my canine more and since it is sortof at an akward angle he used a wire tie to just connect the wire back onto the bracket. He made the wire tie hold it to the bracket much like a rubber lig does, only a lot tighter. Then he had the assistant change out my lower power chain, and put a new one across my uppers. OMG! my teeth are killing me! He wants me to come back in two weeks as planned. He said he wants to get my canine rotated and then he can put on a some heavier wires at my next appointment.....Oh JOY!, I can hardly wait!

Here is a pic of what he did to my bracket today.














My teeth are definitely moving, my bites all screwed up again! :( These are the changes that have happened since 1:30 this afternoon, it is now 6:30 here, so in
5 hours. Can't wait to see them in the morning!

Friday
Today

3 Comments:

  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger Graham said…

    Wow, that is some feat of engineering there Brandy! I am counting my blessing until the day this happens to me. :) Bring on the Advil baby!

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know how you feel :(

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Elizabeth Cull said…

    Oh, that's really scary! Your teeth are probably aligned by now since this post was from 5 years ago. So I guess you're now enjoying a great, perfect smile after wearing brackets for a long time. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home