Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Monday, June 26, 2006

My Front Teeth Feel Like Wood!

I feel like I should still be posting daily updates as I definitely feel like I have not returned to my pre-surgery state. If I did that, however, you all would be bored out of your mind listening to me repeat the same thing over and over again.

Feeling is continuing to come back in my upper palate. It has been rather burny and achey right behind my left incisors and canine for about a week now. It gets rather throbby during the day and I find myself annoyed with the constant presence of this low grade pain. I'm ready for it to heal up and go away. With each day this continues on, I get more fearful of how long and difficult my actual jaw surgery is going to be. I know I will get through it, but I can definitely say that it gets a bit trying at times to wait it all through. I hear this time frame is pretty normal, I mean even my ortho said about 4-6 months for the bones to heal, so I know I'm pretty on track. I just wish it would hurry up!

With that being said things continue to improve daily so I'm doing my best to focus on the positive. My lower arch gaps have still not closed but it appears that my arch is a bit rounder now so perhaps there is some sort of method to my ortho's madness. It is so funny how I find myself always wanting to question what is happening, or not happening in my mouth, always to find that changes really are taking place and my ortho knows what he is doing. So why is it I do this second guessing or questioning thing after every adjustment? LOL... Sometimes I think it is good not to have too much knowledge. That whole ignorance is bliss thing is really true sometimes. I need to just quit obessing about my teeth or trying to figure out what my ortho is doing next, and just relax and let it happen. I'm going to work on that these next few weeks til my appointment.

We are going to be crazy busy moving into our new house the next couple of weeks so hopefully it will make it easier to focus on something else besides my teeth, and my next adjustment will be here before I know it. I will continue to post often until I have full feeling and mouth harmony and balance again. I want to be able to document for everyone exactly how long it took for that to happen.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said…

    I say celebrate the new house with a new recliner! Perfect for recovering from surgery!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home