Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Day 90/ My Ortho Thinks I'm Funny! LOL

Ok...so I called my ortho's office this morning about my slipping archwire. They told me to come right in, and since I only live 5 minutes away that was great. I walk in and my ortho says "So Brandy, hows that new TPA working out for you?" I gave him a very emphatic two thumbs up and said "It's AWESOME! I can actually forget this one is in my mouth, it is soooo much better than the RPE" He starts laughing at me and says...."that is how we increase patient satisfaction around here, we put them in a torture device for a few months and then anything we do is better!" I laughed and said "hey it worked for me" The assistant then proceeded to fix my archwire. She first pulled it over to line it up properly, then took her special little crimping tool, and pinched the wire stoppers that were sliding around my wire. She snugged them up really close to the front tooth, and pinched them til they were very tight and there was no movement. She did the same on the other side, then took the pliers and tried to tug on my wire to see if it was going to move at all. It didn't so we were all done. My ortho appologized that I had to come back, and explained that that is one of the disadvantages to self ligating brackets. That sometimes the wires want to slide since they don't have ligs holding them in place. It was all good and I left a happy camper with no problems for the rest of the day.

The rest of the day was good, my left incisors have almost full feeling now. I would say about 98% worth. Still about 2% left to gain though. It is so close to almost being there though. Feels great to almost be back to normal and able to feel every bite. Things appear to be much more stable now. I have noticed in my daily picture taking that I have not seen any real changes to speak of since the TPA was installed last Monday. That is a first since surgery!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home