Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Day 88/ Almost Back To Normal

Not much to report today. I have a bit more feeling in my teeth, so very close to normal, but not quite there just yet. When I run my tongue along the edge of my gums, behind my incisors there is still the slightest bit of numbness. In the last day it has decreased a bit, but is still not totally gone. I think I will have full feeling back within the next week though, at least that is what I'm thinking anyway. We will be right at 3 months post op on June 3rd, which is next Saturday. I hope to be back to my normal self by then.

Other than my upper arch wire sliding around constantly today it was a pretty boring day.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Ben,
    I assume when I'm done with everything, jaw surgery included that I will have to wear a retainer at night for the rest of my life, that or I can get bonded retainers that will stay with me permanently. That is truly the least of my worries. I mean after all of this work I certainly don't want things to go back to the way they were.

    Yes my jaw was split. Basically it was released on both sides right above my upper rear molars and right below my sinuses (above my front incisors) The palatal suture (the seam that runs down your palate bone) was separated. The expansion appliance then was placed and I expanded for about 17 days. If you go to the bottom of this page and move up, it will explain and show pics of everything I had done.

    Hope this helps!

    Brandy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home