Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Day 86/ Pokey Archwires and Slippage!

Woke up early this morning and went to the ortho to get my upper archwire clipped. It was getting quite long on the right and really stabbing me. I didn't want to suffer all weekend so it was now or never. When I got there she said my wire had slid (this is a phenomena that only happens with self ligating brackets) the wires sometimes slides in the brackets since they are held in by the bracket doors and no ligs. She simply took a pair of pliers and from the middle of the wire slid it to the left. It moved with no problem and things were then all good. She told me if it happens again to check the small groove in between my front teeth and if its not lined up in the center to use a pair of tweezers to re-center it. It is pretty simple, the same thing happened to my son last month and I had to do it for him a couple time. It is rather annoying though. I'm hoping it doesn't happen too often since I still have another 7 weeks in this wire.

Today was a good day teeth wise. Feeling is still working on coming back. It is not all the way yet but is getting very close! The closest is has been to normal since pre-surgery. I'm trying to use my healing time with the SARPE to kinda gage how fast my jaw surgery recovery will be. I wonder in terms of severity and trauma just how similar in nature these two surgeries are? I mean they literally have to break the bones for the SARPE so I would thing healing time could be relatively similar for both procedures. I'm thinking if I"m feeling pretty good and almost back to normal at 3 months maybe it will be close to the same time frame for my advancement. I think I will ask the doctor this when I get a chance.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home