Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Friday, June 16, 2006

3.5 Months Post SARPE, Palate Shape?

Not much going on in my mouth these day. Besides the normal healing stuff I mean. They are definitely still repairing. I can still feel behind my incisors that they are still a bit numb, and not 100% yet. It sorta comes and goes...the burning sensation that is. Today they were really annoying me, actually they have been really sort of irritating me a lot the last couple of days.
So...I'm looking at my teeth today, marveling at how much progress I have made. Then I get to thinking. I have been looking at a lot of peoples arches, my sons included. Mine is much wider than before, however, it still seems to me as if it could be more rounded in the front...like where my canines are. I'm wondering if my ortho will be opening up my smile even more once the bones of my palate are fully healed.
Here is a pic of my sons arch, and mine. His is just so much more rounded than mine.









I realize that each mouth is different but most of the pictures I have seen show a more rounded arch, rather than oval shaped.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Team Wolder said…

    Brandy,
    You will be surprise how much the ortho can change your arch must by moving the teeth with braces. My ortho/surg did not want to do SAPRE on me, but have wided and sort of 'squared' up my arch just with the braces....You haven't seen anything yet!
    -Kelsie

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Hey Kelsie,
    Thanks for the reply, yeah, that is what my ortho said too! I'm just wondering how long that takes etc. I'm so impatient, I can tell this is going to be the hardest 2 years of my life! I want instant results! Even though I know that is not good, I still have a hard time reconciling the what is best with what I want now thing. LOL...I just hate waiting for stuff! Even if it is for my teeth to move! :)

    Brandy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home