Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

OMG! I'm almost Surgery READY!

I went in for my 4th adjustment today. It was not very fun! I ended up in the chair for about an hour and a half. Doctor came and checked me, we talked about my upcoming root canal, he shaved my crown down a bit as it has been annoying me (its too long), next he had the assistant put new giant 17 something wires in. She got the top wire almost all the way in when my back left bracket came off. So the doctor had to put a new one on which took a few minutes. Then she reinstalled the top wire, and put a new gold powerchain on it. Then it was on to the bottom ones. Same exact story as the top. Almost done, when the back bracket popped off. So...doctor had to put the new bracket on that tooth. She then proceeded to finish installing my new giant wire, and a nice new gold powerchain on the bottom.

See how thick my new wire is?








My new gold powerchain smile! LOL..


Ok NOW FOR THE BIG NEWS!
So...I'm just about finished when the doctor says. "Uh Brandy..your next appointment will take a bit longer. Your occlusion is looking great and I want to take impressions, so we can line them up and see how were doing. I think we may be ready or that you are very close to ready for surgery" I ABOUT FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR!!! I said REALLY??? He said "yeah, everything is lined up pretty nicely" I said OMG that is totally cool! and way ahead of schedule! He laughed and said, "yeah your teeth have moved fast" I was totally floating on a cloud when I walked out! I couldn't believe it! Here is my most recent upper and lower pic. Don't they look AWESOME! I'm so thrilled with how they look now!

Now...here is my dilemma! I totally want to have this surgery gone like yesterday! I had originally set it up so I could have it done in May, as I'm off for the summers and it would give me almost 4 months to recover before having to go back to work. I could have surgery in December, however, I would only have about 5 weeks of recovery time, and my dh and I are scheduled to take our long awaited honeymoon (7 years we have been waiting and the tickets have already been bought) I would only be about 2 weeks post op if I did this in December. Now, it seems only logical to wait til May, but OMG I'm like almost ready! I so hate the thought of wearing my braces for another 6 months, but I definetly think the honeymoon would be affected if I was in pain and couldn't eat! Ughhh! its so not fair!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said…

    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAlellujiah!
    (ahem.)
    I say put your honeymoon first. You will not regret it. Guarantee if you have surgery in December and then go on your honeymoon you will be very, very upset with yourself and you will not have a happy hubby, either. You'll be miserable and full of regret. I've read of too many people who are angry with their surgeons that first week, wondering why they had surgery at all. Of course, the feeling goes away, but do you want to spend your recovery worrying that you won't recover in time for your honeymoon? I don't think so. I say don't do it. That's my vote.
    Are you allowed to take sick leave from work? Could you make a Spring Break compromise, and take a couple of weeks off after Spring break, or a week before and a week after???
    Or, could you exchange your honeymoon tix for Summer?
    Hmm....

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Graham said…

    Wow, amazing news Brandy! I was surprised at first because I expected you to be ready around the same time as me, but looking at your photos I really shouldn't be surprised at all! They are so straight now for sure. Cool, well keep us posted on what you decide to do. Hmm, so I wonder if I will be earlier. As long as I have enough time to plan it out then I'd be ok with having surgery sooner than I thought I would. ...I agree with Steph though. Better to make sure you have nothing else going on around surgery time if you can.

    And wow, those power chains are so thick compared to mine! I guess I'm starting with a lighter one. Hmmm.

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Hey Graham,
    Yeah your dentist is probably starting you out on the smaller chains. They come in 3 different sizes and lengths. Trust me, the ones I have are not fun.

    I think you are probably more close to being on schedule then I. Short of having a small palate my teeth were not really bad or crooked, plus they seemed to come into place really quickly so that was an added bonus. I personally think most orthos overestimate the time just so people won't be disappointed if it takes awhile. I mean if they tell you you are ready sooner you will be thrilled, if it is longer then what they tell you, you will not be happy, so better to error on the side of caution.


    With that being said, your teeth are really looking so much better. Just hang tight, one day you will be looking at your teeth in awe, not believing they are yours!

    Brandy

     
  • At 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello,

    I have a question, do you have crowns and brigde in your mouth. Or have a it rong with the crowns and bridges.

    Maurice.
    P.S. you can mail my, at bmw_630i@hotmail.com

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Yes I have several crowns and a bridge on the lowers.

    Brandy

     
  • At 5:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, thx. I have a bridge, lower. I think about to start a 2e treament of braces. But i stought you had crown and brigde upper too. how long do you have the crowns and the brigdes... It that no problem with the braces, upper and lower. You have now a better tooth then you starting with the OP and Bracestreament....

    Maurice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home