Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Relief At Last.....Good bye Apnea, and Cool progress pics too!

Ok...so my tooth is feeling 100% better today. This is officially day 3 of my self imposed antibiotic therapy. Clearly I was correct in assuming that I have/had some kind of bacterial infection in that area. I have no more pain, feeling is back in my tooth, and I have no more yucky taste at all. My mouth feels fresh and clean again! So....with that being said, I scheduled an appointment with the endo doctor today for a consult. I don't want any complications later, so better to pay a $65.00 consult fee and at least know if there is a problem sooner than later. The endo will check me on Sept 13th at 3:45 and then I go to my ortho on Sept 14th at 7:10 for my 3rd "official" adjustment. I figure if there is a problem with the tooth then I can tell the ortho about it when I go the next day. Thats about it on the pain front.

My left canine is no longer rotated. It has moved a ton in only three days. These are the 29th, 30th, and the 1st (today)

You can see that it has a tiny bit to go still but it definitely appears that the wire tie and powerchain have accomplished what they set out to do. I can't wait to go on the 14th....ortho says he is going to give me some bigger wires. I know that means more pain, but I don't care, it is always worth it when I can see how much my teeth change! I also have no more apnea. I'm breathing wonderfully at night, sleeping soundly, and dreaming nightly. I credit most of it to the SARPE, but I definitely think the ortho has helped get things straightened out too. I'm so glad I didn't listen to the doctors and live the rest of my life with an appliance or trying to deal with one of those cpap machines. This was definitely one of the best decision of my life.

As for progress I just had to post these pictures today. For the first time since having my braces put on, I was looking in the mirror and thinking...."man my teeth are really starting to look straight!" I decided to take some pics of both sides so I could compare and then a pic of my full smile.
Right side











Left side













Full smile

My teeth are sitting pretty comfortably in their new home. You can't even tell in these pics that I need lower jaw advancement. My teeth just naturally want to sit in the new location since everything seems to fit better. If I relax my jaw it will go back to its natural location, but during the day it now "fake fits" in the new aligned spot. I have never had teeth that really fit together properly, it is amazing to me though, just how great it feels! I should've done this a long time ago! :)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Thanks Amy!
    yeah the Apnea reduction has been a god send for sure. I'm sure it was equally aggravating for you with your mouth issues beforehand also. Isn't it great to have gotten added benefits from the SARPE??
    Yes my teeth have been moving fast! I'm so glad too as being the impatient person that I am I don't know how I would deal with it if they were moving likes snails! LOL.

    I'm thinking I might be ready for surgery early also, I could if I wanted take time off the end of March beginning of April. Like 4weeks. Then go back to work for a month and be off for 3 more. I may decide to do that if we can get me ready that fast. I just want it to be done...know what I mean?

    I'm so excited for you to finally be ready! It's sortof a mixed bag of emotions but I know you will be thrilled with the final results. I mean just look how much things have changed already. I'm so in awe of this whole orthodontic process, it really is amazing what they can do these days. I'm so glad I waited and didn't have all of this done when I was a kid.


    Brandy

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great mouth, Brandy...BTW, just curious as I am considering, what is the total cost for SARPE, including hospital and all doctors?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home