Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

7 Months Post SARPE

Well today is 7 months post SARPE (ok yesterday was offically 7 months but whats one day??) I Thought I would do a quick update as to how I'm doing, and just how far we have come in 7 months. Below are pics of my uppers, lowers, and my new smile as of today. I'm quite sure there is still a lot of change left to come with my upcoming jaw surgery and continued ortho work, but considering where I started things seem incredibly different now and I thought I would share what we have accomplished thus far.

March 3rd (day 1 with the dreaded RPE) and now October 15th, 2006













Lowers Feb 3rd (Day 1 in braces) and now October 15th, 2006









My smile February 3rd (Day 1 with Braces) and now October 15th 2006


The last time I posted I still did not have full feeling back in upper left incisor and canine. They were still numb and very tender to pressure. In the past few days things have really changed in that area. I can honestly say that I'm still not 100% but I'm closer than I have ever been since surgery, and I'm confident that very soon I will have complete recovery and feeling in all of my teeth. Sensation is definitely almost back and my teeth no longer hurt when I apply pressure, so that is a big plus. I'm using this time frame as a gauge for my lower jaw advancement. I'm figuring it is going to take at least this long, perhaps longer to fully recover from it but at least I don't have to be so fearful as I'm confident that feeling will return after the surgery and also not afraid of the numbness anymore which is good.

Other than this there is not much else to report. I have another appt at the ortho on November 1 and we are going to take x-rays and models to see if I'm ready for surgery. I will keep you all posted and will try and post my x-ray pics. Chat with you all later!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Team Wolder said…

    You're teeth look amazing...you have come such a long way already. Can you even imagine how different your smile with be after your second surgery?

    Kelsie

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger Graham said…

    Like night and day Brandy, very impressive. :) Are you able to get a picture of your overbite, the space between in particular? My underbite is quite noticable now but is easier to see in the mirror than I imagine an overbite might be.

    I'm still a bit numb too, and I expect that to continue as long as I still have all this movement to get through yet on my uppers. I find the movement makes the numbness temporarily worse. Still not comfortable biting in to much of anything with my incisors either. Applying pressuure is getting easier but going to the OD or DH is still irritating if they 'lean' on my teeth to do whatever it is they're doing.

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Thanks for the compliments! I feel like I have an entirely different mouth now. Never realized how much I was missing with such a messed up bite before.

    Kelsie,
    Actually I cannot even imagine what I will look like after surgery. I keep thinking it is not going to be too much change as I think we only need to move me forward about 4mm. My original overjet was 5mm and I think some of it has been improved with the braces themselves. I'm looking forward to it, and dreading it at the same time though (if that makes any sense!) My only wish right now, is that I come out of it looking as good as you do! :) I'm sure you don't feel the same, but I think you look amazing!

    Graham, yep I know exactly what you are talking about. It was only in the last month I have been able to bite stuff off with my incisors, It still doesn't feel entirely normal, but is no longer painful so that is a plus. Everytime they change my archwires (especially putting in these giant ones) I have to use my tongue to apply pressure from the back so I won't come out of the chair when they push on my incisors. It is very uncomfortable, and the movement does seem to make the numbness and irritation temporarily worse. It does seem like it is getting less and less everyday though so that is a plus! It is good to hear that you are having the same issues. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one whose healing has drug on this long. Makes me feel better knowing that things are not entirely back to normal for others also.

    Brandy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home