Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

One Year Post SARPE

So today is one full year since I went in for my first oral surgical procedure. It seems so long ago now, but I must say that I'm so glad that I did it as I have been just thrilled with my results. I also wanted to mark the date in my blog, and report on my continued return of feeling. There is still a tini tiny amount that is healing but I now have feeling in the teeth that have been numb ever since my surgery. So I consider that a nice 1 year gift.

Since my last adjustment when I got the giant number 19 wire my teeth feel like they have moved a ton. Things feel like they are really lined up and straight. I find my jaw joints have been aching a lot lately since I keep holding my jaw forward to keep my teeth in their new comfort spot. I assume this is what my jaw joints will feel like after my jaw surgery so, I suppose in a weird way its good practice for my upcoming surgery adventure. I can tell you though, that the amount of distance that my teeth need to be moved to line them up and correct my occlusion feels like it has been hugely reduced. I mean I can say honestly, if I was only doing this to fix my teeth, I would more then likely not follow through with the surgery. I know the joint aching might have changed that at some point, but right now, just looking at them it really seems like a minuscule amount and I'm not sure I would've gone under the knife to fix it.

Here is the most current pic of my arches taken on 3-1-07










The 10th of March is my Birthday. I will officially be 43. My dh gave me a Palm Tx hand held PA as an early present. I have been wanting one so that I can keep my appointments etc on it, however the fact that I can now check my email from anywhere, transfer my files, and of course blog at just about any moment of the day is pretty cool too! Just one more way to stay connected while at the hospital also. Now if it only took pictures I would be all set LOL

4 Comments:

  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Graham said…

    What a difference a year makes eh! I must say that it feels like a lot longer than that for me. My front six still feel kinda weird even just pressing up on them with my tongue. And my TMJs are bugging me more than ever lately, so I am hoping that the next surgery will get that taken care of. Anyway, congrats on your one year so far, I know it has been so worth it! Happy early birthday, and watch out on the data charges on your PA, they add up super fast, yikes!

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Shontelly said…

    Whoooooooo Weeeeee that arch is pretty! LOL

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger Mary said…

    Hey Brandy, I agree with Shontell, your arch looks great. So do you teeth. And Happy Birthday in two days. Are you doing anything fun to celebrate? Mary

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Hey Mary,
    Thanks....nah, don't think I will be doing anything special. Just another birthday as far as I'm concerned. May go have dinner or something but nothing major.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home