Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Third Surgery Dream, Not So Scared Anymore!

So last night I had my third surgery dream. This time I woke up with ice packs on my face, a white board to write on, and my husband taking pictures of me giving him a thumbs up. It was a good dream, and I can tell you that my nerves are starting to calm down a bit. I don't know if its because I'm just becoming resigned to the fact that it really is out of my control, and that I have to go through with it whether I really want to or not, or if I'm just to tired to be scared anymore, or if its just because it is taking so long to get here. Maybe the dreams are in some weird way helping me work through my anxiety. I have been reading a lot of people's stories and it seems like everyone is coming along pretty well. I feel confident now that I will be fine and that it will all work out as its supposed to. I think I'm even feeling a bit excited about my surgery. That probably sounds a bit odd, but hey, I would rather be a bit excited, then scared out of my wits anyday!

I have an appointment next week for my EKG. I'm sure it will come back normal, I don't think my little flutters are anything to be concerned about, they are probably nothing ...too much caffeine or stress most likely. Either way, I guess I will know for sure very soon.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    I felt the exact same way during the month or so leading up to my surgery. I stopped being scared and started feeling excited. I just sort of resigned myself and surrendered to it. At the very end I had the feeling of "let's get this over with so I can stop thinking about it". Really, after surgery you feel peaceful in a way because you're not thinking about surgery anymore. It's over. And after you're all recovered you'll wonder why you were so scared and worried in the first place, and you'll realize what a waste of time and energy all that worrying was.

    Just remember that MOST people come through this surgery just fine. It's safe. Anesthesia is safe. It's much more likely something bad will happen to you on the way to the hospital than on that operating table. Sounds kinda morbid, but true!

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    Hey Brandy, ditto on what Rebecca said. By the way, if you are drinking coffee or caffeinated beverages, you would be amazed at how much better you would feel weaning off. And it may go a long way towards your flutters. I wonder if you have a slight case of MVP which is was I have which is what causes the adrenalin surges and heart flutters. Totally benign but annoying. When do you find out about your DHEA levels, which is also interesting. Most people's DHEA goes down with age. Mary

     
  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Hey Mary,
    I'm going to go in on Wednesday or Thursday for the EKG, blood test, and ultra sound. What is strange is that I really don't drink much caffiene. I have one, maybe two cups of coffee a day. The rest of the day I drink only water. I have also thought that I may have some form of MVP. That is exactly what it feels like, and adrenaline burst, with heart palpitations, which then go away and everything returns to normal.

    I will keep you posted though as soon as I get done with the tests.

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Hey Brandy, I agree with what Rebecca and Mary said. Relax... and think positive thoughts. That was the best advice I received (from my friend Cindy) before going into surgery. I'm sure your OS is good and he will do his job. You'll be so glad when it's all over. :)

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger Bill said…

    Hey Brandy. Having just been through my second lower jaw surgery in the span of three weeks I can definitely concur with Rebecca, Mary and Kristen. As Kristen said, relax and think positive thoughts ... the surgery will be over before you know it and you'll soon be "on the other side."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home