Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Alyeska Ski Resort Rocks!!!

Ski Lift So today I decided to give myself a sanity break. I gathered up my darling husband, his friend, my son, his buddy, my best girlfriend, and myself and we headed up to the slopes (Mt. Alyeska) for a glorious day of sking. Now mind you I'm not a pro by any means nor is my husband, but we can hold our own and not end up dead which is what really counts. Both of our friends, as well as my son and his buddy are really really good skiers. They took off to the top of the mountain while we got our bearings on the Chair 3 hill (not a bunny hill, but not a big scary one either) I decided to take a lesson today, and ended up getting a two hour private one since no one else signed up for the group lesson. The guy taught me a lot and I was swooshing down the slopes like a pro by the end of the lesson....ok, maybe not a pro, but definitley a much improved novice! LOL...

It was an incredible day for sking!!! It cleared up and got beautifully sunny while we were there. It was warm, clear, and the snow was perfect (amazingly perfect) We skied non stop from 11:30am til 4:45pm and had a wonderful time. Needless to say, I'm completely wiped out....exhausted really! It's a good kind of tired though, and I feel like I worked out a lot of my pre surgery stress today, which I so desperately needed to do!! If you ever get a chance to come to Alaska you so have to check out Alyeska. It is truly a world class ski resort, and was made even better this year by the huge amount of snow we have recieved. What a great day!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Mary said…

    Hey Brandy! I'm so jealous! How fun, all I did this weekend is hang out and some yoga. Oh well. I'm glad you are going out and enjoying your Alaska climate! Oh, and I wouldn't look at your surgery as your "day of doom" but rather as your day of liberation from sleep apnea. I think the animal in us will also feel this primal fear but you already know how many of us breezed through it. We're really only talking about a couple of uncomfortable post-surgery days. Mostly, its just really an interesting and intense experience. And you will come through it with flying colors I'm sure!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home