Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Last Adjustment Before Pre-surgical Impressions

So I went to the ortho today. He gave me a look see, said that my alignment looks great and that there is not much else we can do until after surgery. He took out my steel wire, put a couple different bends in it then had the tech put it back on. I decided to take a walk on the wild side today and went for new metallic blue powerchains on the top and bottom.

The ortho wants me to come in again on May 3rd for pre-surgical impressions so the OS will have what he needs to make additional casts for his practice surgeries, and to design my splint. Yes....that part made me sad, I was sorta hoping that I would not have to have a splint LOL... The ortho was also planning to put my surgical hooks on at that time, however, I have a job where I have to talk all day long so I have decided that I'm going to see if I can make that happen at a later date, like about 2 days before surgery. Other than that..it was a relatively uneventful appointment.

Here are my new blue powerchains!


My son found out that he is just about done today though. He got new rubberband configurations (upside down triangles.) If he wears them like he is supposed to (which I know he will) we may be looking at his debracing appointment being schedule next time. He will for sure have then off by the time we are out of school. LUCKY HIM!

Here is a little slideshow of my darling son isn't he cute! LOL

5 Comments:

  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    Brandy, your son is ADORABLE! Sounds like you are just about surgery ready. I had my hooks put on the day before but mine were small enough to where I didn't even notice them at all and you can bend them any which way. Unless you got the kind that Steph got, which were a little heartier. I like your power chain! Mary

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Thanks Mary. Yep as ready as I can be I suppose. I think my surgical hooks will be like yours, the wire bendable ones, but then I don't really know for sure. I rather like that blue powerchain too! My son had that color last month and I really liked it on him. He switched to metallic green this time so I figured I would be brave and go with the blue. Plus I figure it will be less likely to stain! LOL..

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger Shontelly said…

    Digging the blue powerchains! and what a handsome young man your son is! He looks like a male version of you! What a cutie pie!

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said…

    What a total cutie. Question: How do you keep the girls from tying up your phone line?

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Hey Steph,
    I don't really have that problem yet. He has some "girl" friends that he mostly talks to on the instant messenger, but not anyone he is really interested in as a "girlfriend." He goes to a smaller school, so there are not as many to pick from that he considers cute. He has two step brothers that are older and both of them didn't really have girlfriends until they were 18. Were hopng he follows in their footsteps as I just think kids are better prepared for the whole thing mentally by then. He's actually great friends with his friends girlfriend though.

    Brandy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home