Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Medically Necessary Genioplasty & Smile Changes

My doctor faxed me another separate pre-auth today. This one is for my genioplasty with a letter of medical neccessity. He states that after being approved for maxillary and mandibular advancements, he has done further profile sketches and review and that he wants to also do a genioplasty to advance my hyoid bone. He said that since this would be done as an additional corrective measure to eliminate my sleep apnea and not for cosmetic reasons that he feels it should be covered. The cost up for approval is $3650.00.
I gave it to my insurance lady to hand process and she says she will get back with me ASAP regarding the determination. I hope they cover it, then I would only have to pay my $3500.00 and could call it good. So....I guess that means that genio is now part of the plan. I mean I had thought it was already, but it wasn't for sure. Now it appears that he feels it to be "medically necessary" so that means it will probably happen fo sure!


February 13, 2007...........................................April 3, 2007

February 13, 2006 - the beginning of all this oral drama.

Here are the changes that have taken place on my upper and lower arches in the past two months. Looks as if my orthodontist has opened things up quite a bit on top don't cha think? I threw in the beginning pic just for reference.


February 13, 2007............................................April 3, 2007

1 Comments:

  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger Shontelly said…

    WOW! Your arch looks amazing. Wish I had taken before pictures! Shoot!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home