Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

2 Years Post op

Wow....2 years! That sounds like such a long time just typing it! Hard to believe it has been that long already, but it has! Well where to begin...I mean as of today the time really has gone by quite quickly, and I have almost complete feeling back everywhere now. There are a couple small spots that are still a tad bit tingly but I know that within the next couple of months, I will be back to 100% which really is pretty cool, given my age and all.

I was thinking back on the beginning of all this and how apprehensive I was. I'm so glad I did it though, and the benefits from it all have been truly amazing. I'm also excited because I get to see my oral surgeon tomorrow. My son has a wisdom tooth consult with him, so it will be the first time I have seen him in over a year and a half. Overall I have been just thrilled with the work he has done, and "knock on wood" I have not any issues at all since completing the surgery. In fact I haven't had a sinus infection in over a year now, and haven't been sick not even with a cold in over a year as well. Overall I'm sleeping like a baby, and honestly have never felt better.

I will continue to post until full feeling is truly 100% back, which probably won't be much longer. I think it must be very encouraging to others out there to know though, that the healing really does take a long time, but that the prognosis is good, its just a waiting game.

I will post a current pic tomorrow.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:32 AM, Anonymous Brandon said…

    Hey Brandy,

    I'm Brandon from the Jaw Surgery Blog.

    I just wanted to congratulate you on a successful surgery, and it would be a great help to others and future patients that are going to be going through the same thing you did if you could share your story and experience.

    I'd love to get as many people to share their story as possible in one organized place, so people just like us won't be as scared, and they too can have a successful surgery.

    All you have to do is describe how the process was for you, in as much or as little detail as you like. For example, you could include how you felt right before surgery, how you felt after, what the sensations were like, what you wish you had known before, or anything else you can think of that will make the process a little bit easier for someone else, even include a link back here to your blog.

    To help, just go here:

    http://www.jawsurgeryblog.com/forums/topic/help-future-jaw-surgery-patients

    If you have any questions at all or trouble posting your story, just let me know, and I'll be glad to help you help others!

    Thanks again,
    Brandon

     

Post a Comment

<< Home