Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Friday, March 10, 2006

SARPE Day 7 Post Op

This will be the last picture post I will be making of my post surgery swelling and bruises. As you can see for the most part they are gone. I have a couple of lingering bruise spots but not enough to keep posting daily pictures of. Swelling is gradually going away more and more daily and I expect by the end of 2 weeks will be completely gone. I will post on Monday some pictures of my expansion progress. We will be half way through keying the appliance at that point and you should be able to see some very noticible change by then. I can see a lot of change already after only 10 turns!

Went to see my Oral Surgeon and he gave me the big thumbs up. Said everything went great during the surgery. That they got good separation of my palate, and that my expansion looks to be coming along beautifully. We talked about my getting an implant for the lower molar that he removed. He thinks that a bone graft is going to have to be done in order to support it, so......the tenative plan is for him to do the bone graft next summer when he is doing my BSSO (lower jaw advancement.) Then he says it will take 6-8 months to heal and for us to be sure it is going to take. Once we are sure of that and it is nice and solid, they will go in and do the implant. so it is one more oral surgery that I will have to go through, however, after this, and the summer BSSO and bone graft, an implant will be like nothing I'm sure!

Expansions are still going fine, and we will be finished with 10 of my 30 turns as of this evening (Happy Birthday to me!) I still have mild pressure on my teeth after expanding but Ibuprofen seems to be working fine now and I no longer have to take the serious pain pills to get rid of it.

I had to take my son in to get one of his archwires clipped this afternoon so I got to see my ortho for a few minutes also. I told him about taking the powerchain off and that it was just too uncomfortable for me. He said that that was fine, but wanted me to be aware that my gap is probably going to get considerably bigger than what it is right now. I told him that I didn't care if it gets as big as a garage! That we can close it later and I'm not worried about it. I told him that I just don't want to have anymore discomfort with this expansion than is necessary at this point, and while I'm not thrilled to have a gap, it really doesn't bother me too much as at least I know things are working like they are supposed to be and we are making progress in the right direction. Other than that there is not much else to report at this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home