Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Time Whizzing By!

Man I have been busy lately! I'm thinking that perhaps it has been a Godsend though! I coach afterschool cheerleading twice a week, and I have been putting together our program for the school talent show. Between teaching cheers, learning dances, mixing music, organizing cheer clinics, poster making, bake sales, candle fundraisers, ordering uniforms, practices, and then my normal everyday job requirements I barely have time to pay attention! It's exhausting, but enjoyable too, and the best benefit has been that I haven't had a second to even think about my surgery! In fact I had to reschedule my appointment for the surgical hooks, as it conflicted with the talent show presention. I mean come on....I can't abandon my girls because I have an ortho appointment! PRIORITIES PEOPLE!!

So....my new date is May 9th for impressions and surgical hooks. I will still be seeing the OS on the 15th for my pre-surgical consult, but it is in the morning so I will be back at work by 12:00. I haven't heard anything back on my ECG yet. I go in on Friday for my Adrenal ultra sound to see why I'm making so much DHEA. Hopefully that will be productive.

My heart has been acting fine lately, I honestly think it was anxiety from my pre-surgical panic week. You know, the one I had a few weeks back where I was freaking out! Anyway...I'm glad that things are feeling back to normal.

That's it for now!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Tara said…

    The time sure is going fast, but at least you are keeping busy so that you don't worry too much.

    I didn't realize that you coached cheerleading. I use to coach too! First for a High School varsity, then that along with an All Start Squad. Man was that a busy time, plus my usual 40 - 60 hours of work AND working on my masters. So I had to give it up. I do miss it though. I cheered from 3rd grade, all through HS, through college, and then as a semi-pro. It was fun. Good luck with your talent show, you will have to let us know how your girls do!

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Hey Tara,
    That is cool, I'm pretty new to the whole cheerleading thing, just getting certified next month. I was never a cheerleader but did drill team, gymnastics, and just about every kind of dance. I also did years and years of high impact, very advanced choreography aerobics so its not that big of a stretch.

    I do think its awesome that you have done it for so long, nice to know that I have an expert I can contact if I need some assistance.

    Brandy

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger 57rdi said…

    Holy cow, Brandy. I thought I was busy. Well, staying busy helps keep your mind off of surgery day. Glad to see things are calming down and that you're clearing potential obstacles to your goal. Good luck!

    -Vaughn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home