Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Mmmm Lunch!

Today is Day 2 post op. Honestly I don't feel too terrible. Not near as bad as I look that is for sure! I think I have been doing a decent job at eating and staying hydrated. Today I had some rice and chicken broth blended, 2 banana, carnation instant breakfast, vanilla ice cream and protein milkshakes, 2 glasses of emergen C, 3 multivitamin, 2 bromelain caps,a jar of organic apples and banana baby food, and a little bit of mashed potatoes. My throat is feeling better today, but my tongue still feels all huge and numb. Honestly that is the part that is probably bothering me the most. I did take a does of Advil alternating with baby Tylenol as my jaw bones were a bit achey, and I had a mild headache.

Today I started applying warm heat. It felt so good. I have been taking a daily warm bath which also seems to help. The warm water on my face feels great and helps open up my sinuses. Which by the way aren't doing to bad. So far I can still breathe out of one of them. I used some ocean spray today, but mostly things seem like they are progressing along as well as can be expected.

My chin feels so weird, I'm not used to having one and it just feels odd to feel it moving around when I move my lower jaw at all. One thing I must say I'm glad about is not having a splint. I don't think with all the swelling I have been having that I would've been able to deal with it. I'm hoping that the swelling really starts to go down tomorrow, especially the swelling in my mouth and my tongue. I do know that it has gone down some though as yesterday I couldn't close my mouth or feel my teeth at all and today I can. my lips are pretty beat up, and I have been using lots of vaseline trying to get them back in shape. One thing that I have noticed too is that I don't seem to have much bruising. Nothing to speak of yet, so that is a plus. I really do think that all my vitamin supplementation has paid off. This surgery actually seems to be progressing as well as my SARPE or better, and considering that this was much more involved then SARPE I think I'm doing pretty well.

Posted by Picasa


  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Tara said…

    You look GREAT Brandy! Keep up the good work of trying to eat. How is the baby food? I will have to try some out before my surgery to see which ones I like. Oh, I have that same tank top! Had it on yesterday!

    ~ Tara

  • At 3:56 AM, Blogger 57rdi said…


    You're doing a fantastic job. It sounds like your recovery is coming along very nicely. How's your nose? Are you sleeping well? Are you bored, yet?


  • At 5:26 AM, Blogger Bill said…

    Sounds like your recovery is progressing nicely. I think it was around day three or so that I made my first excursion outside ... walking around a bit and stopping by work to show off my chubby face (my sister drove as I was still on medication).

    I think it's a good thing to do a bit of walking each day now in addition to drinking copius amounts of water. If nothing else it'll take your mind off your recovery for a few minutes each day.


Post a Comment

<< Home