Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

D-Day 1700
Sleeping like a baby






D-day 1730
Ice pack being refilled. Need two packs available to avoid waiting for refills.






D-day 1740
Words of wisdom. (Brandy didn't like this nurse, can you tell?)






D-day 1923
11.5 hours after surgery. Items to note. Chapstick would help with the dry lips and thankfully my wonderful hubby had some. Ice works to repair the dry mouth and throat from the air tube placed through my nose during surgery. Problem is, just enough blood drains down your throat and tends to make you to nauseated even for the ice. Raise your bed higher as soon as possible and use the suction tube adjacent to the bed to reduce the drainage/dribble that's bound to happen. This is not the same suction tubes positioned inside my mouth during surgery....they're still installed and will not come out till tomorrow. More to follow D day + 1 tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home