Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Pic of Drainage tubes for Graham

Hey Graham,
Here is a pic of the drainage tubes Mine will be inside my mouth in each side of my jaw. They are frequently used by plastic surgeons to help with the removal of blood for the first 24 hours post op.
Sorry for the ugly picture, it was the only one I could find, and believe me, I searched!

5 Comments:

  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger Graham said…

    Wow, you're gonna start a trend Brandy! Hollywood is going to catch on fast, those tubes are hot! Haha!

    So yeah, never heard of those being used before, but hey, whatever works! Especially if they'll reduce the swelling to some significant degree.

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    And this is exactly why I didn't do any research before my surgery. Had I seen that picture I most likely would have bailed. M

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Me too Mary.

    Brandy, you are so good at research and being prepared! I envy you. Are you like this with everything you do? Your blog is great! I'm sure many people for years to come will get lots of great info here and they will be so prepared!
    Thanks for sharing your journey and good luck with surgery, you will do great!!!

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've seen a couple of other photos online of folks who have had those tubes - and they had practically no swelling. Lucky you!

     
  • At 12:09 AM, Blogger Shontelly said…

    O MY!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home