Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Where Have All My Blog Buddies Gone????

Where is everyone? Seems like everytime I go to check out everyones blog no one is around. Cary is MIA since his surgery? Amy, how are you doing, I know you are busy but you never post anymore? Mary, you got your braces off..is that the end? Larkin had a steph infection and had to have another surgery to remove her screws, now what? What's happening? Jennicole hasn't posted in forever, who knows what is going on with her? Seems like all the buddies I was so used to following are now no where to be found. I miss you guys.

Perhaps I'm waxing poetic here, because my surgery is coming up soon and I'm feeling a little alone in all this. I know everyone has lives, and technically we don't really know each other, but I guess I felt like YOU folks were/are my friends, and I feel like I'm going to need all the friends I can get in order to get through this. It's like a part of me needs to know that you all are out there for me, and lately it seems like the blog pool is dwindling. It's sorta starting to scare me.

I'm so busy I can't see straight lately, but I some how manage to find time to check the blogs. What does that mean? Please don't tell me I need to get a life, cause I seriously have one.....a very busy one in fact! I'm determined that after my surgery I'm going to blog like crazy. I'm convinced that it is important for people to be able to follow the whole journey, not just part of it. When someone who is looking for info on all of this checks out my blog, I want them to be able to see how it went from beginning to end. I'm committed to making it as thorough as possible. I'm not going to drop of the face of the earth once my surgery is complete. That is the promise I make to all of my fellow orthognathic surgery researchers.

9 Comments:

  • At 4:45 AM, Blogger 57rdi said…

    Hi, Brandy.

    I can't speak for anyone else, but I know that I've started to limit my posts to just a few a week. At first, there were lots of milestones and changes and new things to get used to. But, as time went on and I started to heal and cope, those situations became fewer and fewer. I think that after week 2 I noticed that, almost invariably, not much was really all that new from day to day. So, rather than make an obligatory post to say "nothing new," I decided instead to post when I noticed something significant or when there was a milestone (Week 3, a doctor's appointment, a particularly good/bad sleep episode) or when the mood just struck me.

    I think that's the tack that manyothers have taken, as well (e.g., Roger, Cupertino Joe, etc.). But, as we all like to say, "Everyone is different," whether it's in how we react or heal or how we report the aftermaths of our respective surgeries.

    Now, I'm saying all of this with my surgery almost four weeks behind me. You're -- what? -- about three weeks away from yours? That wasn't so long ago for me that I've forgotten how anxious I was and how I'd browse various blogs over and over again to see what I might expect. So, I can relate to your hunger for information.

    For whatever it's worth, I'd say that based on what you've reported so far, you're doing everything possible, probably more than 90 percent of those who've been through this, to make sure that things go right. As someone who took the same route, I feel pretty confident that that counts for a heckuva lot in terms of how you'll come out of this and how your recovery will be.

    Take care,

    Vaughn

     
  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger rick said…

    hi brandy,

    I recently saw your journal on your sarpe procedure, i am 22 yrs old and are about to start my ortho treatment which includes sarpe surgery. After reading your story it gave me a better outlook on the whole process, do u have any advice for me seeing that you already went through it?

    thanks

    rick

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger Tara said…

    Hey Brandy,
    Sorry that I don't post more, but nothing really new going on. STILL waiting on a surgery date. But don't feel alone, I too check everyone's blogs EVERY DAY to see what is new. I love that you post so often, so please don't stop or think that it isn't helping anyone. As soon as I get more going on, I will post more often. But I go to the ortho once every 6 weeks, and nothing really happens in between there. So keep up the good work, and keep us filled in, especailly when the surgery happens!

    ~ Tara

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said…

    Pppppht! Every day? I'm more like THREE times a day. I'm still around. Anxiously awaiting your surgery, and I'll check in on you a lot. Not to worry.
    But I'm with you on certain people, particularly Cary. I know he's GOT to be looking great, and I really want to see a pic of him this far out, without all the swelling. And I really wanna see Larkin's new chin. I even miss Kelsie, though we followed her to pretty much the end, OS speaking.
    *sigh*
    I'm with ya.

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Mary said…

    Hey Brandy, don't worry, I will definitely be around to support you. I'm getting my retainer today so maybe I'll do a little update. I am awaiting your surgery and will follow your progress with utmost interest. M

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Graham said…

    I remember university days and how we'd all study our brains out before the main event. I often felt that 2 or 3 days before the exam that I just knew everything and more studying wasn't going to help much. The only thing left to do was just write the darn exam already! I'll be around when your main event comes to make sure you get an A+.

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger Bill said…

    Have no worries Brandy ... I'm still checking in on you to make sure you're doing okay!

    Like Vaughn, I'm just past the four week mark now and the changes are certainly harder to notice and a bit slower in the making. Also, between heading back to work and starting two more college courses, I don't always have time to post new stuff ... especially if it's very minor. But, I *am* checking everyone's Blog at least once a day!

    Have no fear -- we'll be with you through the end of your orthognathic journey :)

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    I'm still around, and I check your blog at least 3 times a week, Brandy. I check in on all my blog buddies and I'm very much in evidence on the Yahoo board helping people out. I update my blog when I have an appointment, a milestone, or when something significant happens. Most of the time there's nothing new, which to me is a good thing. No news is good news, as they say.

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Hey Brandy, Sign me up as your new buddy. Looks to me like you will have more people checking in on you than you will be able to handle. I just think this is great! I have made it through about half of your blog, I have recently been focused on your earlier days, during SARPE. I didn't see many serious GAP pictures. I feel like mine is enormous!!! Loved the slideshow of you and your son, adorable! I can't wait to take a dual brace picture of me and my daughter. Your blog is really interesting, thanks for all the insight and you really have come a long way, looking good girl and surgery will be here and gone before you know it. I'm right here with ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home