Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Monday, April 23, 2007

1 month til Surgery... The Countdown Begins

So today is exactly 1 month (30 days) til my surgery. I must say that I'm eerily calm about things at this point. I'm sure the nerves will start to kick in as the day gets closer but for now I'm enjoying not being stressed out about it all. I took another picture today so that I would have some to remember my old face by.


Not much going on in my mouth lately. I am excited though as my left canine finally appears to be rotating a bit like it should. I'm really hoping that after the surgery my braces drama will be short.
Honestly it would be totally cool to get the surgery done, and get my braces off before going back to work (3 months afer) I seriously doubt that it will happen but hey...a girl can dream right?









No word on my ECG or Ultra sound yet. I'm going to call tomorrow again though. I also need to find out whats happening with the denied Genio. The doctor was supposed to come up with some new documentation to support the benefits of genio on sleep apnea. So far I have not heard a word from them....so tomorrow I will be calling again. Staying on top of all this insurance stuff is a royal pain, I can't wait til its all over and done, and paid for!!

8 Comments:

  • At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm having my surgery 2 days before you, so I just similarly marked my one-month-away point. It's great that you're calm about it. I'm both excited and scared. I hope all goes well for you! I'll definitely track your recovery as I'm going through the same thing.

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger Mary said…

    Hey Brandy, this month is going to go by so quickly! By the way, be prepared for surprises after your surgery. For example, your new bite may cause your teeth to shift. Every month post surgery, I have had a new gap somewhee. As soon as I get a new power chain, a new gap appears somewhere else. And I've had other surprises too so don't be surprised if you are still in braces 6 months post surgery. Let the countdown begin! Mary

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    Hi, Brandy. I tried to leave a comment earlier, but think I had to create a google account first. Sorry if this comes through twice. I think we may be having the same surgery on the same day. Mine is on the 21st. I have an over/open bite. I have an appt. with the surgeon tomorrow so he can go over in more detail exactly what he is planning to do, but I am approved for a Lefort I (2-piece), a BSSO and may be getting the genio. I'm not sure what the 2-piece means and haven't been able to find anything about it on the Internet. I just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for your blog. I've really enjoyed reading about your journey through this whole process. I think I'm a lot like you in that I'm not really too nervous,just excited. Anyway, I thought I'd introduce myself. Maybe we can share stories as we go through our surgeries next month.
    Martha

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Hey Martha,
    My surgery is on May 24th, but yeah we are having the same thing done, well sorta! My Lefort is only a one piece rather then a two piece. Basically a two piece is when the separate it in half. It is usually done so that some expansion can be done, or to move the separate pieces up, or down, to where they need to go. With an open bite I would imagine that is why they are doing this. Amy on my blog buddies list had this done to fix her open bite.

    You can email me if you like at brandyleigh35@hotmail.com or IM me on MSN or AOL with the same user name.

    Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Nice to know that someone else is having this done at the same time. Would be nice to have someone to gab with who is going through the same thing.

     
  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    Thanks for explaining the 2-piece thing. Now it kind of makes sense to me because my mouth is lopsided. :>) I will keep in touch, probably through email. I've yet to venture into instant messaging. :>)

    Martha

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Brandy, Good luck on your upcoming surgery and I just wanted to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed your blog. I have spent hours reading several sights over the last 2 months (as you can see, it is 12:45am and I am still hooked) Well I just had SARPE, I'm sporting the great big GAP, you can check out my new blog:

    http://sarpe4me.blogspot.com/

    I feel as if I am a new member of the Ortho Gang...thanks again for the hours of reading, you are doing great and your smile is getting better by the day!!!!

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    It's going to fly by now, Brandy. It'll feel like you just blinked and suddenly you're lying on the operating table. The month before my surgery, I concentrated on eating all my favorite foods. :)

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Blogger Shontelly said…

    WOo hoo!! A month away A? Oh I bet you've got the jitters! I was just thinking about how mine isn't
    too far away either. Cheers to getting all this over and done with!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home