Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

One Step Forward, One Step Back

I got another letter from my Oral Surgeon today regarding the medical efficacy of my genioplasty. He sited several journal articles they could look up substanciating genioplasty in regard to changes in sleep apnea. I had my insurance lady re-submit it so hopefully in the next few days they will contact me and say that it is approved and I will save an extra $3650.00!

I also got a copy of my EKG back the other day, but still have no idea if its ok or not. The cardiologist wrote something on it (in typical, illegible, doctor shorthand) and I can't read it. It looks like it says "NO Prior History" But I can't be sure, so I have called my doctor to tell me what is up with it, and what it really says.

Other than that not much going on. My mother and I hiked up a long set of switchbacks tonight then jogged all the way down. It was a great workout and my heart was good and strong all the way, so I'm pretty sure things are good. I must admit I feel pretty great lately. I feel healthy, energetic, and full of life. I haven't been having any bad headaches or anything. I'm really thinking that kicking the caffeine has had a lot to do with it too. I have been sleeping better and I think all the supplements I have been taking are making a big difference. I'm trying to really enjoy it while I have 22 more days to really be able to. I get my surgical hooks in 8 more days. Can't wait for that! NOT! LOL

2 Comments:

  • At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Brandyleigh,
    I just wanted to say I have been reading your blog for a while and it's great - I love it. I am a member of archwired so that's how I found your blog. I had my upper and lower jaw surgery on Mach 13, and I am now pretty well healed. I am sure everything will go just fine with your surgery - you are so well prepared, it's awesome! So don't be nervous (I know, that's easier said than done!) because I am sure you will sail through with flying colours.

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Thanks! I'm really not too worried at this point. I mean I'm sure the anxiety will start to creep in as it gets closer, but for now I'm so busy I hardly have time to really even think about it.

    I'm just focusing on my supplements and getting into shape before my date. That is my priority right now.

    Thanks for the well wishes though!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home