Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Dreams of de-bracing.....SHATTERED!

LOL...well sortof! Went to the ortho today hoping, that by some medical miracle he would see me, and proclaim I was ready to be debraced. Well that dream was shattered. I was also all excited because I thought I was going to be released from my rubberband prision, and he dashed that hope TOO!

Actually it was a good appointment just not good enough for impatient little me! He put my archwire back in on top, and a new one on bottom. He said things were looking really great, and reshaped my lower eye teeth. He said they had a lot of wear and that the points that used to be on them that fit into the upper teeth are now flat, so he fixed them. Next he slapped me into a new triangle rubberband configuration that I'm supposed to wear 24-7 for the next 8 weeks. He said at least 20 hours a day, and that if possible I should learn to eat and talk with them so I don't take them off and forget to put them back on.! UGHHH! my teeth are already killing me, I'm so trying not to be a wimp and rip them off though. My son assures me that its better to just hang with them for a couple days and get through the pain, then it is to keep taking them off and prolonging it. He had to wear this exact configuration for 2 months too, so I know he is right.


The ortho did say on my next visit (September 4th) though that we will take x-rays, make sure all my roots are looking good, and then (if they are) look at scheduling a debracing date (yea!) It's so...not happening today, but it might be happening within the next couple of months, which would still be less then 3 months post op!

Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Roopak Majmudar said…

    So often these surgeons and orthos shatter our dreams... I visit both tomorrow in the anticipation of getting my splint taken out and hopefully an estimate of when I'll be de-braced. I'm still hoping I can beat you to de-bracing. :)

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your teeth are so beautiful. And white! Do you brush with whitening tooth paste?
    I think I have teeth envy, haha.

    - beneath the stars

     
  • At 4:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know I have teeth envy. They look absolutely beautiful. I just started the journey with SARPE sugury June 1st. I get braces tomorrow. I look foeward to reading your posts everyday. It truly gives me hope. Not sure what I will do when your story has finished. Thank you for helping so many of us!!
    MGood

     
  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Roopak Majmudar said…

    Alright... You're going to beat me to de-bracing by a mile! The estimate I got was end of the year if things go well - that's even more than the one I got earlier. :(

    But my splint is out... Yah! And I can start eating regular foods next week and even start experimenting a little this week! Double yah!

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger Bill said…

    Brandy, great photos. I'm jealous of how well you've progressed up to this point. Like you, I'm in bands but my progress has been ... haphazard ... so far. It seems the left side is progressing much faster than my right side so I've developed a bit an edge-on-edge bite on the left. I have another Ortho appointment this coming Tuesday and I'll be talking options then.

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Kristy Eng said…

    wow i cant believe how well your teeth fit together, i can only HOPE that mine will be even somewhat similar after the results...they did a GREAT job...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home