Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

First Attempts at Chewing - I So Love My Husband!


MMMmmm doesn't that look good? Today was our 7th anniversary. We went to a very nice dinner at Sullivans. I had a 12oz filet mignon, some au gratin potatoes, and sauteed green beans. It was sooo good! I decided that I was going to try and chew tonight and see how it goes. It was ok. I can honestly say that things feel sorta weird, like I'm not really comfortable with my new bite. I will admit that I'm a little gun shy about actually chewing again too, so I wasn't really biting down hard, or really chewing through things. More like just mashing them up a bit. I can say that I did not experience any pain though so that is a plus. My teeth meet perfectly so it is not a matter of things not lining up, just not being used to things yet. I still think that I mostly swallowed everything relatively whole, but it was good to give the chewing thing a try. I can see it is going to be a gradual process and honestly I'm in no real rush to push it along.

 During dinner my darling husband gave me a card, and a tiny little box (OMG I love tiny little boxes) Inside was a pair of 1.5 carat total weight dimond earrings (3/4 carat each.) They are colorless, and absolutely stunning! I of course had to put them on immediately, and have not taken them off yet. I love them! and HIM! He is the best! Dinner, diamonds, and a wonderful guy, what more could a girl ask for?
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger learian said…

    Okay, confess. How small were the pieces of filet that you managed to chow down? Millimeters, I bet. You didn't bring your blender, did you? One of my many last pre surgery suppers was at Harris's Steak House here in San Francisco, and I made short work of my filet and anything else I could get my hands on. I am so impressed that you actually ate BEEF at six weeks post op. May this carnivore follow in your footsteps.

    Thanks, Brandy. Your blog is a mainstay in my daily reading.

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I can't believe you had steak either. I am what, 3mths post SARPE and still have not had a steak. I think I could, I just haven't given it a try. Anyway, guess what, my Anniversary was July 4th too! Yes, 6 years for us and I think I need to wake up my husband and show him what you got! HeHe The earrings are beautiful! CONGRATS

     
  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Seriously Michelle and Learian,
    There was very little chewing involved. I cut it small, and very thin. It was super tender so the little chewing I did just mashed up the already little bits. Mostly I just swallowed it whole. I pretty much do that with everything now. I'm quite sure it can't be good on my digestive system so it is a habit I really need to work at eliminating.

    I think I will feel better about it all once I see the ortho on Monday and he puts a new archwire in my top teeth. Right now, they don't have one so things just feel loose.
    I hate that feeling.

    Trust me though...Filet Mignon would be the only kindof meat I would even attempt. I was 3 months post op from SARPE before I tried Filet Mignon last year, and even then it hurt to chew it, so I just swallowed it whole then too.

     
  • At 7:10 AM, Blogger amycq said…

    Hi Brandy,
    I'm gearing up for my Upper 2 piece LeFort and Genio in two weeks! I love reading about all the bloggers adventures in ortho-land. It's calmed some of my nerves and realized I'm not doing this alone. I've just started a blog and I will add your link to it, mine is: http://dialoforortho.blogspot.com/

    Oh and Happy Anniversary! We also celebrated our 2nd Anniversary on July 3rd!!

    Take care,
    amycq

     

Post a Comment

<< Home