Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Ramblings of a numb lip, post, jaw surgery patient

I was woefully trying to consume some sesame chicken and noodles in the mall today, all the while trying to look totally cool, albeit soooo NOT numb. I had to chuckle a bit wondering if I looked as totally messed up as I feel when I'm chewing. Trying so hard to not dribble anything down my chin, or as I haphazardly lick my frozen lower lip to clear any left over food remnants with my truly disfunctional tongue. Not to mention how I occasionally bump into my teeth, or have difficulty getting the food into the tiny space that used to be my "big" mouth, or my absolutely wacky chewing motions with teeth that I really can't even feel. It is for sure a lesson in humility.

Now mind you I've looked in the mirror when I'm chewing, and things look amazingly normal. I mean I'm just about positive that no one would even notice my strained efforts to obtain nutrition, or that I wipe my mouth after just about every bite.

At least that is what I tell myself while I'm eating LOL....

1 Comments:

  • At 6:31 AM, Blogger Clarissa said…

    Hi Brandy,

    You're smile is looking really good, just a short time now and I'm sure you'll have them off.

    Thank you for our posts on my blog. To answer your questions about why I have posted an article about how Non-surgical expansion is not really recommended for adutls is that I felt it was important to have ALL the information before making the decision that would be best for each person. My ortho has had good results with non-surgical expansion in adults and we never really discussed SARPE as a possibility to be honest with you. I also have cooresponded with several people who have had great results with non-surgical expansion although it does take longer, I preferred not having to go through surgery twice. So, here I sit turning away...somedays I think about how nice it would be to have expansion quickly and be out of this thing NOW! :)

    Can't wait to see you bracefree!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home