Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Finally Some Tongue Improvement!

So a lot has happened in the last few days. Not sure why, but my lower lip has gained a lot of feeling back. It no longer feels all puffy and fat, like somebody elses lip. It is tingly everywhere and while feeling is muted it is there for sure! So that is very exciting. My tongue has also greatly improved which has been so great! It has regained taste sensation i.e my tastebuds are working again and feeling is back from the back about 3/4 of the way down the left hand side. It is just the left front quarter and tip that are still burny and tingly. Since the rest has come back though, I'm confident that this too will disappear in the very near future.

My teeth have finally adjusted to the rubberband triangles thank goodness, but I still take them off to eat. Its hard enough trying to get food in my mouth with the limited range of motion. The rubberbands make it harder and really bother my tongue so out they come. Things in my mouth feel really good though. Everything is lined up and feels very tight on both sides. It is strange to bite down and feel both sides connect at the same time. Good, but strange. Can't believe that Friday will be 7 weeks. It really has gone by so fast!

Now the big question I'm grappling with is should I replace my lower bridge. Things fit together pretty well, I mean probably as good as anyone could expect for a bridge that was not made specifically to fit their new bite, but not perfectly. I figure since I've gone this far that it would be nice to have everything fit together perfectly. I'm going to talk to my OS on the 24th and see what he says. Even if I do replace it though I can't do it til next year sometime as I need to have the implant on my other side fully functional first, and that won't be done til February sometime.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger Tara said…

    Hey Brandy. I can't believe it's been 7 weeks already! WOW. BUt you do look great! It's funny that you have to have an implant put it. I have to have one in the SAME spot, just on my right side and not my left. You will have to keep us posted during that too. Good lucky with the feeling in your lip/tongue. I hope it all comes back to normal soon for you.

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger learian said…

    Brandy,

    This change is a significant one! Good for you. Following my arch bar removal today, I just tried to eat a bowl soup with a spoon, not a straw. It wasn't pretty. Best to You!

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Brandy,
    You look absolutely amazing! I am so jealous. My time will come, slowly! SARPE was June 1st so I guess I'm moving forward. Got top braces yesterday and the bottom ones will come after he removes the torture device this fall. I'll have a Lefort 1 done after that. I read everything you had to say about SARPE which prepared me tremendously, now I have to find someone who knows all about my other upcoming surgery.
    Thanks again.
    Michelle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home