Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Check out my screw!

I was looking at this yesterday and thought it was kindof cool so here are the pics. This is inside my mouth where the bone graft was done. It is the screw that was put in the graft to hold it, and my skin has now healed over the screw. When my oral surgeon puts the implant post in come October, he will be making a small incision and gently lifting the flap of skin to remove that screw. I just think it is amazing how my skin can heal right over a screw. I mean I know it is doing it all over in my jaw, but that is way underneath the skin, this is much closer to the surface. Anyway...just thought I would share the pics.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home