Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Root Canal Anticipation...:(

So, I now have my second sinus infection since my surgery was done 10 weeks ago, AND the upper molar (the one on the left with the band on it) that has been bugging me for like a year now is hurting again. Enough so that I can feel it in my numb mouth! So, two dentists have looked at it, my oral surgeon has scoped the area and ruled out an "oral antral fistula" so now....tomorrow, I have an appointment with the endo guy again. Thankfully I can open my mouth to about 36mm now so he should be able to get in there. The plan is for him to check it out, AND, if it needs a root canal (which I'm sure it will) since everything else has been exhausted. He will perform the root canal.

Now I'm very excited about this, as I'm convinced this tooth is what has been causing me all of these sinus infections (even before I had surgery) so I'm happy that it is finally going to get fixed. Now with that being said, I HATE ROOT CANALS! Mind you I really like my endo, he is very nice and has a great chairside manner, and he is quick (thank god), and really nice (did I say that already) but man I hate those rubber dams, and I don't want to be numb again, and the sound of the drill just makes me a little crazy....ok, it makes me A LOT crazy. I have to do some serious self talk while all that noise is going on so that I dont' freak out and go whacko. I mean that would be really embarrasing, I'm supposed to be an adult, and given everything else that has been done to my mouth this is really nothing. BUT it is the part I'm dreading the most! If you can believe that! I didn't have much time to prepare for this, I called today thinking they would schedule a consult, then we would do the root canal at a later date. Instead I called and they said "how about we do the consult at 4:10 tomorrow, and then if you need treatment he will do it immediately following, if thats ok? I go back to work next Thursday so I need to get it done ASAP, but a little prep time would've been nice. I find the more this journey goes on, the longer I need to psych myself up for these procedures LOL... The next torture will hopefully be the removal of my braces!

Anyway..I will post tomorrow after the torture is over...wish me luck.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:53 AM, Blogger amycq said…

    Isn't it funny that considering all we've went through...more common dental procedures still freak us out!?! A friend of mine has to go in to get his wisdom teeth out (he's let them go for years) and they won't be knocking him completely out. I cringed! Then he looked at me like 'you just had bones sawed into pieces in your face and THAT creeps you out!'

    Well good luck, I'm sure everything will turn out fine!

     
  • At 6:46 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Good luck today Brandy. I'll be sending good vibes your way!

    Michelle

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger learian said…

    Good grief, Brandy. Enough is enough already, I say!! I will hold soothing thoughts for every minute you are in the chair. That you can even think of posting after the root canal has me giving you a standing ovation. All good wishes your way from Learian at Sleepnet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home