Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Friday, October 05, 2007

4 Months and 3 Weeks Post op

Not much new to report this week. Numbness appears to be about the same, maybe even a little exacerbated due to the implant stuff yesterday. I know I have what feels like a big knot right under the skin where the implant was done. I think it is just swelling as it wasn't there yesterday before I went. Pain has been minimal. I was pretty puffy on my cheek and very sore to the touch this morning upon waking, but no pain in the implant or stitches themselves, and so far no bruising. The doctor gave me enough percocet for 5 days and I haven't even had to take an advil. So that is a good thing! I was still pretty dizzy upon waking though so I stayed home from work today to give myself time to recover from the I.V sedation. I still feel run down and not quite myself yet though. Hopefully after a good nights sleep tonight things will be much better.

Here is a pic of my new implant post today, minus all the blood. When I went to bed last night it had a really big blood clot on the viewable side, but when I woke up this morning it was all gone. I go back on Thursday for a follow up appointment.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Look at you lady, that smile is terrific! Another surgery under the belt. Your face is slimming out so nice as the swelling goes down. You must be so happy.

    Amy

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Bill said…

    Looking good Brandy!

    You know, I'd have to say I'd be more anxious about this surgery than the Lefort/BSSO. At least with the Lefort/BSSO you knew you were going to be numb afterwards :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home