Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Friday, August 24, 2007

3 Months and 1 Week Post Op

I didn't post a pic on the blog today as basically I look the same as this last one. I put one on the day by day pics though.

Overall this week has been pretty eventful in terms of healing. My lower lip has gone from being freezing cold to burning hot now. It feels like it has cinnamon oil on it or something. Anyway, it also feels pretty puffy and swollen (even though it's not.) So with that being said feeling has been really returning to my lower right chin quadrant and my lower lip. Even the area to the left of my lower lip that was virtually dead feeling is hot and gaining feeling back now. My husband said he could tell that something had changed when he kissed me the other day. He said it felt like I was really kissing him and that it was better. I told him that was because I could now FEEL his lips instead of pretending I was feeling them. I can now feel the right side of my chin completely, not just on the surface. At this point I have really no areas that are completely void of feeling. Everything seems to be coming back, and pretty rapidly. My tongue is still a bit tingly on the tip and the upper and lower gums are still numb, but I really don't notice them at all now. I do have feeling back in all of my teeth now though, and my sinuses are nice and clear with no issues.

So...thats my update for this week, I will keep you posted on any new changes.

8 Comments:

  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Graham said…

    Great news. I'm not looking forward to the numbness all over again, but good to know that things in the kissing department are getting back to normal for you.

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger Anne said…

    Hi Brandy,
    Congrats on the kissing - that is truly a sign that things are getting better! Does it feel different for either of you or is it too soon to tell. I keep telling DH he is going to have a whole new wife to smooch when this is all over.

    Can you tell me where in your blog the vitamin info is? I want to check out specifically what you took before I purchase a bunch of stuff. Did you have to stop any of it before surgery?

    Thanks for being patient with all the questions.
    Anne

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Hey Anne,
    The vitamines are right to the right under the photo's header. It says "My Pre Surgical vitamin regimen and other tips"

    The kissing feels different to me, in that I have hated doing kissing since surgery until recently as I couldn't feel it, and my lips were burny and sensitive. For now though it is getting better and I have more control over what my lips are doing so it is better for both of us.

    No worries about the questions. I had a ton of them before I went into surgery.

    Brandy

     
  • At 6:31 AM, Blogger Anne said…

    Duh, I just found the vitamin regimen on my own. I swear I looked and looked last night and didn't see it. It's like I don't sleep or something.

    If you don't mind answering questions, I'll keep asking!

    Thanks,
    Anne

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Shontelly said…

    Hello Brandy :D

    Sounds like your going to get most - if not all of your feeling back. I couldn't imagine kissing my husband and not feeling anything! I better get used to the idea though because I'm going to go through the same thing pretty soon here! It would REALLY suck to not have that feeling come back at all wouldn't it?! Trying to think positive thoughts over here so I won't think of that anymore.

    Anyhoo.. checking in on ya. Your looking great and your as chipper as ever. :D

    Take it easy.

    Shontell

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your blog gives me so much encouragement, as I am embarking on this journey. I just underwent SARPE two weeks ago. Maybe I am the biggest wimp ever, but I have not ever experienced such pain and discomfort. I know it will be worth it in the end, but....
    For now, I take one day at a time.
    Wishing you the best

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    One question, if you had to do this all over again, knowing what you know now, would you still do it?

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Yes I would...in a heartbeat! Even though parts of it have been uncomfortable, and aggravating, the mind has a way of sortof dulling the memory once it is over. My SARPE seems like it was sooo long ago. I remember it well, but not the pain, more just the discomfort. All in all it has been totally worth it, I'm thrilled with my results, and for me it was a neccesity to have this done so that my sleep apnea would be fixed and I could sleep soundly again. It has all been worth it. I will be glad to finally get my braces off (which hopefully will be within the next month) and get my implant all installed so that I can be finished with all this oral drama for awhile. But, to answer your questions. "YES" and that is a very emphatic one.....I don't regret doing any of this and would do again without hesitation.

    Everyone has a different tolerance for pain. I'm sorry your SARPE has been so unpleasant. Mine really was not too bad at all. It was not as bad as I thought it would be, but at the same time it was hard because I have never had any surgery to really compare it to, so it was tough in that it was just a whole new experience. Expansion was hard to deal with so I feel your pain. The first couple of weeks are the worst and once expansion is done, things start to get much better. Hang in there, it will be worth it in the end. YOu will be amazed at how your mouth will adapt to all the changes. You will look back when your all done and be glad you did it. I know I am!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home