Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sent a Thank You Note to my Surgeon

Today I spent an hour driving around just to find my oral surgeon. Seems he has relocated and joined forces with a different group of doctors now so I went to three different places just to deliver a manilla envelope.

I wrote a two page letter to him, thanking him, telling him how my progess has been, and just letting him know how grateful I am to him for the fabulous job he did on my jaw. I also included a copy of all my pics in sheet protectors for him to put in his office brag book. I know when I was looking at his office book, I was a little disappointed that all he had in it was young kids. I really wanted to see someone my age. I figured since things turned out so well and I took a copius amount of pics that even if he decided not to use them it would be cool for him to be able to see the progress that has taken place over this last year.

I know doctors are in the profession of taking care of people, and that often times surgery is probably just another day at the office. However, I don't think they realize sometimes just how much they can change someones life, so I wanted to let him know how much his expertise has made a difference and just let him know that his kindness, dedication, and overall skill at his craft did not go unnoticed. He really is/was the nicest doctor I have been to in a very long time. He has a very warm bedside manner, and genuinely seems to care about his patients. I remember him telling me that he treats all of his patients as if they were his own, and that is exactly how I felt when he was working on me. I trusted him implicitly and that is pretty rare to find in a doctor these days.

So...Dr. Edwards! Thanks! YOU Rock!

5 Comments:

  • At 5:34 AM, Blogger Shontelly said…

    How nice of ya Brandy! I'm sure he really appriciated that. A two page letter, WOW! lol I could barely fill out a thank you card. Your awesome. Everytime I tried to thank my surgeon in person I ended up with tears down my face. They really and truely do make such an impact on our lives don't they? ..and you would think that they have to know what an impact they've made. I bet it warms their heart when they have such kind patients such as yourself who remind them.

    Cool about the picture book. I bet other adults were waiting for some pictures like that!

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Brandy -- great idea, I actually need to do that myself. Not only did my surgeon do a great jaw surgery, he did a great job on my 5 dental implants and nerve repositioning which was no small task. So I'm going to follow your lead and write my thank you note. I had my 4 month follow up yesterday and all of the implants took. As soon as I figure out how to get the xray on my blog I will post an update. Great 1 year update, you look fabulous. I still think you should turn your blog into a book. Mary

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    PS -- here's a link that might be useful. https://www.scrapbookblogger.com/

    Mary

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a great idea! Your surgeon most certainly did a great job -- you are be-au-ti-ful, Brandy!

    Was it Dr. David Edwards in Anchorage, by any chance?

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Yep he is the one! Can't say enough great things about him, he really is just incredible. Actually I was referred to him by my dentist. He has seen him in surgery before and told me that "he is an incredible surgeon" He said that he had watched many surgeries, but that Dr.Edwards was different, and truly amazing at what he does. My dentist is pretty great too, and comes from three generations of dentists so I trusted his opinion. As soon as I met Dr. Edwards I knew he was right, really great guy. My husband met him like 6 months later after things were already in the works and he really liked him, and said he seemed like a really great doctor. He said that he was glad he met him because he felt sure I was in good hands after that.

    This probably sounds crazy but when I met him, I really liked him because he has small hands! LOL. I had/have a pretty tiny mouth and just felt better knowing my surgeon had smaller hands and would be able to get in there easier.

    HOpe this helps!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home