Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Monday, May 12, 2008

11 months 2 weeks


Ok, so I realize I have been a bit lax in updating this blog lately, but truly it is not so much that I haven't wanted to, it's just that progress is slow so there is not much to report. Well that and I have been absolutely, insanely, busy!

Here is my most recent pic and the short and condensed update version. I went to the dentist to see my lumineer pics. They were not very impressive. Actually it was just more support for me not getting them. I think the dentist was a bit surprised when I said I rather liked my smile the way it is now and that I don't want fake teeth over my real ones.

I go in on June 2nd to have my implant placed and can't wait. It is here right now but I have been so busy, and with school getting out next week, I just don't have time to go until I"m officially signed out for the summer. Things are continuing to improve. My lower lip and teeth have been super tingly lately, and are getting more feeling back. It is annoying, but good as I know it will pass and when it does my lip will just feel that much more normal.

When I have my next appointment for the implant we are going to start on the front crown replacement, I want to have that done before my son and I head out on vacation the end of June.

So....here is some good news. My doctor has had me on a antifungal nasal spray and massive amounts of pro-biotics. I caught a cold about three weeks ago. It has kindof been hanging in there, but some of it may be allergy related too. Anyway....knock on wood, it has not turned into a sinus infection and seems to be almost gone. This is the first time in over 3 years that I have gotten a cold an it has gone away on its own. Wooo hooo! I'm so excited. It's so nice to feel like I'm getting my health back, and healing on my own now without having to take drugs constantly! Just another plus from this surgery I guess!

I will post again at the 1 year mark (which is coming up soon), or after my implant placement. Whichever comes first!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Brandy,

    You look great! Woopeee! You don't need no lumineers! You look real and wonderful! Spend that money on the vacation or just stick it into a retirement fund.

    I got my upper braces removed! Boy was that exciting.

    Have fun,
    DC

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger Shontelly said…

    Hi Brandy!

    I think your teeth look great just the way they are! Those lumineers would be a waste of money. I mean come on, they are perfect!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home