Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Just Cruising Along....

I feel like I have been being a bit neglectful of my blog. Like I'm not udating it as often as I should be, however, like the rest of you, sometimes life just happens and you just can't find a spare minute to catch up!
I haven't got much to really report anyway, but felt I should stay on top of things and report. So....I called yesterday about my implant crown. It is on order and should be here soon, at which point they will call me to set up an appointment. Sinuses are doing well, clear without any stuffiness! I will see the ENT on the 12th again for the final post surgical follow up. Allergies shots are going well and seem to be helping tremendously not only with my allergies to Alder, grass, dog, cat, dust, and dust mites, but with the cross reactivity to certain foods too! I can now eat bananas with no issues, and melon, and mango too! I love those fruits too so that is a nice bonus. My son who has been allergic to apples and all pitted fruits since he was about 2 can now eat them too without any allergy reactions, so that is pretty exciting for him too!
My mouth continues to heal and is still improving. My lower left quadrant is pretty tingly and sensitive. I still can't use my teeth together to bite stuff off like pizza. The lowers are still just to numbish and sensitive. When I bite I get like a tingly sensation all into my lower gums. Now mind you, this is good it means the feeling is returning, it is just slow going. My bottom lip is still improving weekly. Overall I'm very pleased with my progress.

Was wondering if anyone else who has had surgery has noticed that people treat them differently? I have noticed a change, and honestly haven't really been looking for it. I find that I have a lot more people looking at me lately, in a good way, but I feel like I just get noticed more. Perhaps that is because the surgery has made me look a bit younger, but I have definitely noticed that people are making eye contact with me much more now, and even saying hi, or hello to me (when I don't know them) Now that the swelling has gone away I find I really like the new shape of my face. It is longer, but just looks so much more proportional to me. Anyway....has anyone else noticed a difference in how people react to them?

3 Comments:

  • At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Brandy
    Your story parells so much with mine. I am a 45 year old female. Had sinus surgery in August 2007. Having problems with sleeping. Getting ready to proceed with oral surgery because of my bite. I don't know exactly yet what I will be having. To me, they will have to widen my upper jaw. Other than that, I don't know. Thank you for your blog. It has helped me prepare myself mentally for anything.

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brandy, I have your blog for quite sometime but have never commented. You look great but you are one of the few people I've seen who go through jaw surgery and end up with a longer looking face. What part of your treatment do you think inpacted your facial length the most? I'm not at all saying you look bad (you don't at all!!!).

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Well I'm sure it was mostly the genioplasty that made a difference. My lower advancement wasn't very much only 4mm, but with my chin advancement which was 5mm it was a total of 9mm so that is probably what made it look longer. I do agree though, may people who just have upper and lower don't get much length, and sometimes get a rounder appearance. The genio is what made my face longer, I'm pretty sure of that. Thanks for asking though!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home