Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Packing Removed, Breathing like a Champ now!

Got my nasal packing removed at 10:30 this morning after another rough, sleepless, night. Thankfully it is all good now! The packing came right out (I was going to take a picture, but figured that I would spare you all, as it was pretty discusting) I had no recidual bleeding when the Dr. took them out, even though he was all prepared to take care of that should I have happen to have any. He told me to use ocean spray 3-5 times a day, and to put an antibiotic ointment in the inside of my nostrils for the next few days to keep things healing well. Oh...and no heavy lifting or exercise for the next week or he said the little blood vessels could rupture and I could get a really, seriously, bad, nose bleed (which would not be good.)

Overall I'm breathing really well, and I can actually taste food again. No wonder I haven't been interested in eating...nothing has had any taste! When I ate today it was actually enjoyable, I could smell my food, and really savor the flavor of it. My sinuses feel clear and unplugged. I'm sure it will take another couple of days to recover from the lack of sleep etc, but overall it seems like this sinus surgery was a good idea. I'm glad I was able to get it done as planned.

About the only thing bugging me is I keep coughing. I'm assuming it is due to the after effects of the anethesia, but if I could get rid of that I could almost forget I even had surgery. Short of a little burning when I woke up in recovery, I have not had any pain at all! What a relief that was!

I will keep you all posted on how things progress, but for now it looks as if I have made it through yet another surgery relatively unscathed, I'm so relieved! I do have to say I was so much calmer having this surgery done though. When they took my blood pressure at the pre-op it was 99/73 I was not even stressing! It is amazing how much easier it is once you know what to expect and aren't so afraid of the "unknowns"

Well you all have a Very Happy, Joyous, Wonderful, truly Amazing New year! and I will post again soon!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger laura said…

    You rock! Only two days and you sound like you're doing good. Thanks for posting all the way through.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home