Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Endoscopic Middle Meatal Endteroscopy - Is that a mouthful or what!

Endoscopic Middle Meatal Endteroscopy, along with turbinate reduction on both sides and possible Septoplasty is what the ENT wants to do. OH MY! So.....I have til tomorrow to decide if I'm going to let him do that or not and get this, if I do do it, my surgery will be on December 26th. Does that suck or what Merry Xmas to me!

I'm at 100% so my insurance would cover the cost of it completely (no $1,000 out of pocket) so I supposed I should be happy that they could get me in before the end of the year. However, my doctor is more then willing to continue treating my sinus issues with antibiotics and nasal spray. The final decision is up to me, and I have a very short time to ponder the choice!

While I'm so not wanting surgery again, the doc says this will be much much less then what I just went through (day surgery 2 hours or less) and if I do it, short of following up with my allergy shots there is little more theY can do for my poor sinuses. He says approximately 80% of people experience long term improvement (these are people who just have sinus issues though, not ones that have them exacerbated by MMA surgery, so he says I'm a unique case and he really doesn't know what the efficacy would be in my situation.) If I don't do it, I face continuing issues with my sinuses as well as more sinus infections. Plus it will cost me money next time! What to do???? Pretty much seems like a given doesn't it? Man.......why can't it ever be easy! I"M SO NOT JAZZED ABOUT MORE SURGERY!!!!! UGHHHH!

5 Comments:

  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger Tara said…

    Oh man Brandy. It never ends. I feel so bad for you. That's a tough decision. If it fixes the problems, then it is SO worth it. Pleae keep us updated on what you decide to do. I will be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. Good luck.

    But on a happy note, your teeth are still looking fabulous, and your son is just a little cuttie. You two have some amazing teeth!

    ~ Tara

     
  • At 6:07 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I agree with Tara, you both have amazing smiles!!

    I'm sorry you're having to make another surgery decision. I actually had sinus surgery exactly 1 year prior to my SARPE. Initially, it made a big difference. I made it over a year without 1 infection. Then I had my SARPE and I'm fighting my second one. I'm having a tough time getting rid of this one. I have another call into the doctors office to see if they can just call me in something. I know what it is and I don't want to go back again. I just finished the meds last week. Prior to my sinus surgery, I was on antibiotics and predisone for weeks and weeks. So, I think now that everything else is done, you should go for it. My recovery was very minimal. After a few days, I was feeling much better. I had some packing for 24 hrs and that was the worst part of the whole thing. I wonder now, if I'll have to do it again after my jaw surgeries.
    My thoughts will be with you during this tough time.

    How's your Mom feeling?

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yet another hard decision Brandy! Guess it comes down to what you want more - a possible end to the sinus trouble, or avoiding surgery. It would be simple if they could tell you for sure that this would solve the problem. HOw much would it cost if you decide to do this at a future date? Delag

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    Hey Brandie,

    I guess the good news is that its fixable! Taking antibiotics long term is a bad solution. Hopefully your recovery will be quick, good luck. Mary

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brandy! What interesting news. A solution, but more surgery? I'm so sorry it's come to that, but like everyone else has been saying, if it has a chance of being the cure than it will feel worth it once you've recovered. A week or two of discomfort for the rest of your life free of sinus issues. Be strong, girl!

    - Tara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home