Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Surgery Cancelled Til January!

Just when I think things can't get any worse they do! It is so crazy! So my mom wakes up this morning sick, with the flu I think. Now frankly I'm amazed that she didn't get it sooner, as we have all been dying for the past two months with it, passing it around, but can her luck get any worse? The day before surgery for goodness sakes! So...now they can't get her in to even see the doctor til January 4th, and surgery probably won't be scheduled until around the 20th of January! Can you believe that? That means that she is stuck eating pureed foods for another 6-8 weeks! After the 10-12 she has already done! I feel so bad for her, I know she is getting depressed, frustrated, and exasperated. Plus we have a trip planned to Maui on February 29th and she wanted to be well enough to go and enjoy it. The last trip we planned she got pneumonia and had to cancel. She is only 65 but her health is so fragile....she is always getting something! Anyway...that is where we are at with that.

Also this morning I took my son and I to the allergist to get our allergy shots (dh and I have a xmas party this evening so I didn't want to have to run him in afterschool and then be rushing around trying to get ready for the party.) Wouldn't you know that as soon as I drop him off at school he breaks out in hives! So the nurse is currently giving him benedryl and I'm going to check in on him in an hour to see how he is doing! Talk about stress! Combined with all the holiday hoopla I'm wiped out!

I guess when it rains it pours huh?

On a happier note! I think (knock on wood) that my sinus infection is finally gone! 25 days of Augmentin later! But hey that is something to celebrate amongst all this other gloom and doom don'tcha think?

4 Comments:

  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Just having that amazing, beautiful smile is something to celebrate!! You truly look terrific! I'm sorry that during this time of celebration, you have all this other stuff to contend with. I hope your mother is feeling better soon, and your son too!
    Have a great time at your christmas party tonight. You deserve it!

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    That stinks! I will keep your Mom (and your entire family for that matter) in my prayers :)

    ~Leah

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I will keep your mom in my prayers...hope she gets well soon.

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Tara said…

    Oh Brandy. I am so sorry to hear that your mother's surgery got pushed back. She must be so frusterated. I didn't realize that she was on a pureed food diet. Did you give her some of your recipes? I really hope that they can get her in soon.

    Your poor son. I use to get allergies shots, but only once did I have a bad reaction. I got two a week, one in each arm because there was too much to fit in one vile. One time my whole left arm went numb and I could barely move it. That was kind of scary. Hopefully this doens't happen to your son again.

    Have fun tonight at your Christmas party. You deserve to have a good night and just enjoy yourself. And that's cool that your sinuses are getting better!!! YEAH for that!

    I'll be keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.

    ~ Tara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home