Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Visit with the ENT / Mom's upcoming Surgery

Today I finally got to see my ENT. Long and short of it...he wants me to continue taking the antibiotics I have (Augmentin 875mg) for the next 5 days until it is gone. He said from his view of my sinuses the right one is a bit bent (probably around 50%) He asked me if surgery was a consideration for me, and I said, if there is a problem then YES, I want it fixed. So, we are doing a CT scan on Friday at 11:30 and then we will go over the results. In the meantime he wants me to continue using my Veramyst for the next few months, and to continue with my allergy shots which can take up to 6 months to start seeing results. So...that is where we are at with the sinus infection stuff. I will post more when I find out more.

My mom goes in for surgery on her large intestines Thursday morning at 7:30am. This is to hopefully fix the problems and pain she has been having with diverticulitus. If you remember could you send some well wishes, prayers, or happy thoughts her way on Thursday morning? I'm sure she could use all the prayers she can get. I will post from the hospital since I will be doing a lot of hanging out there.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:48 AM, Blogger Tara said…

    I hope that the ENT can figure out what's wrong with your sinsus. It's so irritating not knowing what is wrong.

    I will be sending many well wishing your way tomorrow for you mother. I wish her the best of luck. Keep us updated on how she does.

    ~ Tara

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi there, i was researching for something else and i came across your blog. I just want to let you know that i had suffered for almost 7 years with the sinus problem like yours and i know very well how it feels. well about 5 years ago my doctor told me that i need to find out what triggers my sinus problem and hard to believe it was milk which i was drinking almost everyday. further to my researh i found that i am lactose intolerance and that was the reason. every time i drank milk it triggers the whole sinus thing and which will only end with antibiotics. i know how much i have suffered its hard to explain. i thought i might let you know as it seems to me you have all the same symtoms as mine. Good Luck and make sure you are not lactose intolerance. Cheerio's

    hariharpal@hotmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home