Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Last Day in Braces!

So I'm really trying to savor this day, thinking that perhaps, one day I may actually miss having my braces (although I certainly can't imagine that happening.) It has been a long journey and it seems so unreal that my teeth are going to be "naked" by this time tomorrow (almost exactly 6 months post op) As I was using my dental pik to get the rest of my lunch out of my braces today I kept thinking....tomorrow my teeth will be free! No more picking, no more pokey archwires, no more chewed up cheeks, or a sore tongue. No more brackets hooking into my food, No more sore teeth, or having to use a floss threader, or brushing a zillon times a day, or having to water pik like a crazy women! OMG it is so going to be heavenly! I truly can't wait to be able to really see the results of all my surgeries, and orthodontic work. Tomorrow could quite possibly be the most exciting day of my life! (what can I say....the thrills are pretty limited when you are raising kids, its always about them, and never about MOM!)

I plan to bring the camera and take a bunch of pics. I mean come on, I'm sure they are going to think I'm totally out my mind, but tomorrow is the last day I will be having anything really major done to my teeth for awhile! I need to show all my blog buddies who has been taking care of my teeth all these months, and of course the results of all his labor. Plus I need proof that I actually got through this whole journey. It all seems so surreal right now. I feel like I should be conducting some kind of mourning ritual, to lay my braces to rest. Trouble is, that I don't feel much like mourning! Just celebrating! Hmm.....what should I eat tomorrow? A big gooey carmel apple sounds wonderful! and popcorn, and milk duds! The possibilities are endless! I HOPE IT DOESN'T HURT TOO MUCH GETTING THEM OFF!


HURRY UP TOMORROW!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Tara said…

    I'm SOOO excited for you Brandy! I know that I will keep checking your blog tomorrow to see the pics. But with the time difference and all... Good luck, and I can't wait to see your "naked" teeth tomorrow!

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Bill said…

    Woot -- today's the day! I'm very excited for you and can't wait to read about your de-bracing experience :)

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Tara said…

    So it's 4:25 here in New York state and I am anxisouly waiting to see how it was. I can't wait to see how awesome your teeth and smile look!
    ~ Tara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home